We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Warnings in log file | Forum

Unus
Unus Feb 18 '16
I have enabled dev and debug, restarted the apache server and then after awhile looked in the oxwall error log file and there's a lot of errors like this, for every theme I have in my themes folder...

[Fri Feb 19 3:50:28 2016] [ow_core_log] [Warning] Message: rmdir(/var/www/html/ow_static/themes/crayon/mobile/images): No such file or directory File: /var/www/html/ow_utilities/file.php Line:193

any idea how can I fix this?

thank you

Unus

ross Team
ross Feb 18 '16
Unus, what are the permissions set to ow_static folder? Are they 777? Are they recursive?
Unus
Unus Feb 19 '16

ow_static/themes has 777

ow_static/themes/* do not have 777 

I think I know what happened; I did set up chmod -R 777 for ow_static at the time of install/setup but at that time ow_static/themes/* folders were not there, they were created prolly a bit later...

thanks

The Forum post is edited by Unus Feb 19 '16
ross Team
ross Feb 21 '16
Also Unus, never enable dev mode and debug mode at the same time, please enable debug mode only and see whether you get this error again. 
Unus
Unus Feb 22 '16
is anywhere explained what are the differences between these two modes?

well, I did enable both, how bad is this? what is the risk I screwed the system/settings up?

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 22 '16
Enable both will not hurt anything just show you wrong errors 
ross Team
ross Feb 22 '16
When you enable dev mode, on refresh the software cache and smarty templated are being recompiled (new files are created instead of old ones) and you enable at this point the debug mode, which is why it can show errors which should not be there, like in your case, creating directory or file or delete directory or file
Unus
Unus Feb 24 '16
alrighty, thank you