We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem with e-mail notifications | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Francesco
Francesco Feb 20 '16

I have a problem with notifications, email does not arrive.

Even when mass email send are not arriving to users ... I tried creating cron jobs with different commands as indicated but nothing has changed.

What should I do?

Rusty Nails
Rusty Nails Feb 20 '16
Which version of oxwall r u using?

Is is a fresh installation or upgraded installation ?

Tecca
Tecca Feb 20 '16
The first step is to make sure that the cron is working. Try this plugin: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1060
Francesco
Francesco Feb 21 '16
the version is 1.8., the cron think it works (attached image)
Francesco
Francesco Feb 21 '16
No my site hosted northhosts.co.uk
max1970
max1970 Feb 21 '16
francesco sei italiano o ...giusto per capire come scrivere
max1970
max1970 Feb 21 '16
your site not work
max1970
max1970 Feb 21 '16

To get there you have to contact them follow you step by step with the cron configuration ... If you ask support install them Oxwall with all the free passes. Greetings..

Francesco
Francesco Feb 21 '16
si sono italiano, quindi cosa dovrei fare? ho seguito la configurazione e mi dice SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.
ross Team
ross Feb 21 '16
This is English forum, please use English only. 

Francesco, read my reply here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/29584?page=1#post-125697 and follow the instructions to check whether your cron is working and properly configured. 

Rinaldo Cavalletto
Rinaldo Cavalletto Mar 9 '16
Ecco dall'Italia: 

ho avuto lo stesso problema .. su alcuni software l' SMTP funziona con Oxwall non funziona ( Ho .php versione 5.6.18)
Cambiano la versione da .php 5.6.18 a .php versione 5.4.44 - Funziona ora !!! I had the same problem .. on some SMTP software works with Oxwall not work (I have php version 5.6.18)Change the version to .php .php version 5.6.18 to 5.4.44 - works now !!!

ora ho provato anche con la versione php 5.5.32 e funziona tutto !!

Now I have also tried with version 5.5.32 php and work it all !!

The Forum post is edited by Rinaldo Cavalletto Mar 9 '16
ross Team
ross Mar 9 '16
We have not tested the software on 5.6 version yet. However it is better to use 5.4 for now.