We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Connect Not Working - Facebook Connect | Forum

DRS Presents
DRS Presents Feb 26 '16
I have installed Facebook Connect Plugin. Set all the settings and set app ID and Secret. But users cannot log in to the site with Facebook. It gives a whole site error. Then I tried resetting the app secret. After that I am unable to even add the app to my site. It always says app ID or App secret is invalid. Please help.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 2 '16
DRS, what is your software version?
what is the version of your FB connect plugin?
please provide screenshot of your FB app settings page.
Andrew
Andrew Mar 2 '16
same issues as well

i upgrade my plugin didnt rreallize whole site went 500 error, i had to manually remove it

my site is vewrsion Platform version 1.8.0 (build 9900)

and plugin was i cant remember

cant show facebook setting due error

The Forum post is edited by Andrew Mar 2 '16
DRS Presents
DRS Presents Mar 2 '16

Quote from Oxwall Software DRS, what is your software version?
what is the version of your FB connect plugin?
please provide screenshot of your FB app settings page.
Version is 1.8.1 (Updated to latest one).

FB plugin is also the latest one.

Following is the FB App settings

Following is the error given in the site when I'm trying to add the app to my site after I changed the App secret,

The Forum post is edited by DRS Presents Mar 2 '16
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 2 '16
Andrew, Ross is dealing with your issue, your 500 error has nothing to do with the facebook connect plugin, but uncompleted update process.

DRS, I see you have configured your FB connect I tried it on widuliya.com
However I get 500 internal server error, as soon as I login to your website. Please enable debug mode and provide the actual error here
DRS Presents
DRS Presents Mar 3 '16

Quote from Oxwall Software Andrew, Ross is dealing with your issue, your 500 error has nothing to do with the facebook connect plugin, but uncompleted update process.

DRS, I see you have configured your FB connect I tried it on widuliya.com
However I get 500 internal server error, as soon as I login to your website. Please enable debug mode and provide the actual error here
Friend, Please advice how to enable Debug Mode. 

How can I locate this file?"enable DEBUG_MODE by setting this variable in TRUE position in ow_includes/config.php file;"

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 29 '16
it is in ow_includes folder on your server, you can reach it via FTP or Cpanel file manager
DRS Presents
DRS Presents Mar 29 '16

Quote from Oxwall Software it is in ow_includes folder on your server, you can reach it via FTP or Cpanel file manager
Ok bro thanks! I'll check it.
tanny
tanny Mar 31 '16
Hi there,

I have installed the version 1.8.2 of oxwall and am I trying to use the facebook plug in. This used to work, but since a while the facebook button does nothing (does not work).. with firedebug I can see the next error: "ReferenceError: FB is not defined"

My site is asisomos.cl

(Obviously, I have created my facebook app and  I have configured the module in oxwall setting, putting the App ID and App Secret)

What can I do? :(
The Forum post is edited by tanny Mar 31 '16
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Apr 5 '16
We visited the URL http://www.asisomos.cl/ and you FB app is not configured. See screenshot. http://www.oxwall.org/...04-04%2011:34:49.png

Provide screenshot of the app settings please. We'll try to assist you.

You do not have permission to reply this topic