We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bandwidth - Video Instant Messenger | Forum

TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 4 '16
Does it take bandwidth from my server that the site is hosted? Or it establishes direct user to user connection? (so i dont spend bandwidth?)

Thank you1

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 7 '16
TonyKa, no, it doesn't. This chat works with third-party TURN servers. You can find all active servers in the plugins settings: Admin Area > Plugins > Video Instant Messenger >> Settings.
TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 7 '16
So I have to pay extra subscription for using these servers to give the service to my users?

thank you so much once more!

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 7 '16
The servers pre-configured in the plugin settings are free. You shouldn't pay anything. But, if these servers are not enough for your site, you can use one of the paid servers available here: http://xirsys.com/ Or create your own server.
TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 17 '16
Thank you so much! I will purchase it!! thank you!
TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 17 '16
I purchsed it, i see the charge at paypal, i have the receipt also, but i dont see it on my purchases list!! Can you please help?

Thank you so much!

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 18 '16
TonyKa, as we can see the license has been granted. Could you please check the 'My purchases' list (http://www.oxwall.org/store/granted-list/plugin) once again - the plugin should be there.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Mar 18 '16
TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 18 '16
Yes! thank you!! IT NEEDS SSL?!?!?! What i need to do??

Your connection is not secure
The owner of www.xxxdating.xx has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 18 '16
You need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to assist you with the SSL configuration.
TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 18 '16
Thank you so much!
TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 18 '16
After one hard day to install certificate, etc etc i installed it.. but its not working, i get black picture to the one pc. I tried with different wan ips to ensure its ok... but.. no luck..

any ideas? any modules needed to installed on server? suggested php version ?

thakn you so much!!

TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 18 '16
no way to make it work.....  i get black on the other side... i check different computers, different browsers... my platform is skadate, updated in latest version. 

Thank you!

Attachments:
  malakia.png (378Kb)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 21 '16

Dear TonyKa,

Do you use two different computers for testing? One is for your account, second is for Petroula's account? If you are using one computer with two browsers, then the camera will work for one browser only. This is how the webcameras work.

If you are using two different computers, please specify whether you see the small image as black or it shows the video of you when you browse the chat window under Petroula's profile? 

The fact is that the chat popup window shows two windows: big - video of your opponent, small - video of you. So, if when you open the chat window under the Petroula's profile and do not see the video of you in the small window, this means that the problem in the camera or it related to the browser settings.

Please make sure that the web-camera is available and works correctly for both computers: https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test-in-adobe-flash

Also, could you please specify whether you clicked the 'Allow' button to enable your camera for both computers? Were there any errors when you initiated the connection?

Finally, please provide us with the following information, so we could reproduce the problem at our demo site:

1. What browser name and version are you using?

2. What Operating System are you using?

3. What browser do you make a call from?

4. Have you tested our plugin at our demo site: http://oxdemo.skalfa.com/?

5. What do you see instead of the video of your opponent?

We need as more details as possible, since we will not be able to fix the issue until we can reproduce it.

TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 21 '16
Hi,

So i use two computers diffeertnt on different network also! Both computers have windows7 .

I have computer 1 user antonis computer 2 user petroula

1. in comp1 i run chrome  49.0.2623.87 m  in comp 2 i run chrome exactly same! 

From this setup (chrome to chrome) i see ONLY the LOCAL camera (small thumbnail) and BLACK to the other pic... so i see only my self on each window, but there is no connection / pic / audio from the other side...

when i call from Chrome 1 i see THE PERSON HAS LEFT THE CHAT.. but computer 2 is ringing!

but the call is lost since computer 1 said this... (THE PERSON HAS LEFT THE CHAT..)

if i try from chrome 2 to 1 i see exactly the same to computer 2 "THE PERSON HAS LEFT THE CHAT.."  .. so 1 answers but its ....too late because from begining the comp 2 gives "THE PERSON HAS LEFT THE CHAT.."...

I cleared caches both etc.. nothing.. the same...

In anycase some times when the second answers, the first see still the "calling window"... like the second one never answers!! but the second one have answered already.. so never gets a call...

i always get this.. so in Chrome its USELESS!!!!!

Mozilla seems to work ok! (if both communicate with mozilla) the windows open and is ok.

Most of the times works but not all... 

Can you help please?

Thank you!

TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 21 '16
very dissapointed... also firefox works in 1 of 10 times....
TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 21 '16
My platform is skadate.

can you refund me or give me a premium templates in one of my licenses? This is not working its too sad...

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 22 '16
Dear TonyKa,

We have tested it several times on our test sites and everything works just fine. Could you please provide us with two screenshots: your chat window and opponent chat window. 

If you do not mind, could we test the chat functionality on your website. We need to find out if the problem in the chat or in the IPS or in the server settings.

Please PM your site URL and admin access details. Also, could you help assist us to test the chat on your site?

Thank you for the cooperation.

TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 22 '16
Thank you so much! Of course, I am PM you details for the site!

thank you

TonyKa
TonyKa Mar 23 '16
Hi do you have any news please??

thank you!

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 23 '16
TonyKa, our technicians are still testing. We will contact you back with the results shortly.
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic