We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ofcounter+notif_title - OF Counter | Forum

Musik
Musik Mar 4 '16
Hello, when users enable Chrome browser notifications for this plugin, this is how the notifications appear. Is there a way to correct this? Thank you!

See attached screenshot.

The Forum post is edited by Musik Mar 5 '16
Sean
Sean Mar 5 '16
Hello, this is odd, these keys should have been created when the plugin was installed. Uninstalling and reinstalling should fix this issue, or go to /admin/settings/dev-tools/languages and create the two keys with the values you wish. 
Musik
Musik Mar 5 '16
Thanks for replying, Sean. Later last night, I realized this issue may be related to how I can't upgrade to 1.8.1. I'm currently in 1.7.5. I was using an older version of your plugin and mistakenly upgraded it to the latest version after posting this thread. This resulted in my site abruptly going into maintenance mode and the admin area stating that since this plugin was updated to the latest version, I had to perform a platform upgrade too. I couldn't un-do this through the admin area, but manually deleting the plugin and setting it to 0 in the database resolved the issue. But now I'm without this plugin at all, older version or latest version.

I'll need to wait till Monday for the Oxwall devs to help me out with the upgrade issues. In the interim, do you have previous versions of your plugin available? I can provide the key to prove my purchase on July 15, 2015.

Sean
Sean Mar 5 '16
Hi musik. The latest version of the plugin will work with 1.7.5 but due to the way you have uninstalled it you'll need to do a couple of things - 

Ensure the entry for the plugin in the 'base_plugin' table is deleted. It will have the key 'ofcounter' 

Then delete the entry from the 'base_language_prefix' table where the prefix is 'ofcounter' 

Then copy the latest plugin files into the ow_plugins folder and install as normal. 

Musik
Musik Mar 5 '16
You are awesome. That worked perfectly and all is working again. I even got to customize the notification settings. Thanks, Sean!
Sean
Sean Mar 6 '16
You're welcome :) 
Musik
Musik Mar 6 '16
I already left a 5-star review for you when I first got this plugin but updated it to include this most recent experience. Thanks, Sean. Both you and your plugin are fantastic.
You do not have permission to reply this topic