We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP ME - Contact Us | Forum

Daniel
Daniel Jun 12 '12
MY CONTACT IS NOT RUN WHEN SENDING A MESSAGE IN MY EMAIL ADMIN (CONTACT BY) NOT RECEIVE, I have already installed the NEW PLUGIN BUT IS THE SAME WAY, WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM? INFORMATION SERVER HOST: HOSTAGTOR
Den Team
Den Jun 12 '12
Check your cron settings.

Note: don't use CAPSLOCK.

Daniel
Daniel Jun 13 '12
how to check the settings cron?
Den Team
Den Jun 14 '12
Be sure that you've installed cron job for oxwall using this manual http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron
Simao Silva
Simao Silva Jan 25 '13
Have the same problem in my website. I'm using godaddy, with cron jobs set for each 5 minutes. I get all the mass mail, the notifications mail... but not the messages sent from the contact plugin.

Any ideas? In the emails sent by the server, reporting the cron job execution there is no error at all.
Alia Team
Alia Jun 5 '13
Simao, are you still facing the same issue?

If yes, are you using SMTP?
Networking Technologies LLC
Hi, im not getting mass mail, verifications or contact us mail
can some one tell me where in the script do i disable SMTP if that is the issue
Thank You
Ed
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jun 5 '14
Ed, this means you cron job is not properly configured. Contact your hosting provider support team and request the right command to use.

If you don't know how to disable SMTP I believe you have not enabled it in the first place. However it can be done here: www.domain.com/admin/settings/email
Márcio Pereira Soares
I'm having a similar problem in the plug contacts. The same error window, and the contacts made through the contact window are not sent appears. The SMTP configuration is given as valid and yet the content is not sent. All departments created naturally and still the problem persists.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 13 '14
I'm sorry what error window? Please provide screenshot
Couto
Couto Sep 5 '15
I have the same problem, I have the cron test plugin and the cron jobs are working well, It worked before and now, after migrate my oxwall website doesn't work no more
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 7 '15
Do those e-mails appear in the ow_base_mail table and go out from the table after cron runs? Please check and keep us updated.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 7 '15
Also, Couto, do you use SMTP or not?
Dimitris
Dimitris Sep 26 '15
hi i confirm that contactUs v 8710  on oxwall 1.7.2 does not send emails from unauthorised or loged in users (except admin)

i did the following test 

i sent 3 messages one without log in my site, one logged as a user, and one logged as administrator

all 3 messages can be seen in base_mail table

i run cron manually pointing mysite/ow_cron/run.php 

all 3 mails disapeare from base_mail table BUT only the one sent by the administrator account delivered

-------------

then i tried this 

i sent a mail from unlogged user and logged in user BUT in your email field (in contactUs form) i put the the mail of my site (settings-> main settings-> basic -> site Email)  and the mails DELIVERED

so i think the problem is there

The Forum post is edited by Dimitris Sep 26 '15
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 6 '15
Dimitris, what mail agents those unlogged users use and what mail agent use the logged-in user?
Dimitris
Dimitris Oct 6 '15

Quote from Oxwall Software Dimitris, what mail agents those unlogged users use and what mail agent use the logged-in user?
gmail , (if i understand the question correctly)

aministrator has mail on my domain admin@mydomain.com

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 8 '15
can you please change admin e-mail to gmail as well and see if you get e-mails both from non-loggedin users and logged-in users?
Dimitris
Dimitris Oct 9 '15

Quote from Oxwall Software can you please change admin e-mail to gmail as well and see if you get e-mails both from non-loggedin users and logged-in users?
ok i did it and this is what happened.

i changed both site administrator  and site mail  (settings-> main settings-> basic -> site Email) to a gmail

my domain is http://chaseaction.com and i have 2 mails admin@chaseaction.com and support@chaseaction.com where the mails are delivered 

i send 4 mails as seen in the attach file

only the one from admin@chaseaction delivered to support@chaseaction.com

so i think is my host problem

Attachments:
  Screenshot from 2015-10-09 20:41:07.png (372Kb)
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 12 '15
No, you need to change admin profile e-mail and website e-mail to some gmail account and try to send the message via contact us see if you get the messages from non-logged in users
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 20 '15
Franz +1

we just tested the contact us for loggedin and logged out users on gmail mail agent, everything works properly.
You do not have permission to reply this topic