We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mass Mailer Says Mail Sent, but No Mail is Sent | Forum

Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Jun 14 '12
I have read in the forums about this and found no solution. I am trying to get the mass mailer working. When I send out mail I get the greet mail sent indicator but no mail ever reaches the users. I have not changed the SMTP settings from the installation so I know that is not messed up.

Where can I start to debug this issue.

thanks,

Justin

Mark
Mark Jun 14 '12
there is a problem with your mail server or configuration settings - talk to your webhost
Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Jun 14 '12
the other mail seems to be working just fine and I have sent out mass mail before when I first set it up. I have not changed or done anything to the configuration. What type of "problem" do you suspect I am having? I assume that if regular mail is working mass mailing should also?
Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Jun 14 '12
I did some monkeying around and it seems to be working....question...is there a plugin to mass mail just to the users oxwall inbox? Rather than to their sign in email.
Mark
Mark Jun 15 '12
if other mail works fine then it could be your cron not working.

no not currently

Maryam
Maryam Sep 4 '12
I have the same problem...Mail works generally  but not from Mass Mailing. How do I check/ fix cron?
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 5 '12
Maryam, you can find information on how to setup Cron here: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron