We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[SOLVED] error 500 (String to be escaped was not valid UTF-8 or could not be converted) | Forum

erik
erik Mar 29 '16
hello all once again....need some help please....
i use version 1.8.2 (updated from 1.8.1) and i get some error 500,with the following message

Error details: Type: Exception Message: String to be escaped was not valid UTF-8 or could not be converted:Ενα βιβλιο για αρχαριους χρηστες σε Αγγλικη γλωσσα. Για να το αποκτησετε,κανετε κλι� File: /home/u698800366/public_html/ow_libraries/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/src/Escaper.php Line: 323 Trace: #0 /home/u698800366/public_html/ow_libraries/vendor/zendframework/zend-escaper/src/Escaper.php(161): Zend\Escaper\Escaper->toUtf8('\xCE\x95\xCE\xBD\xCE\xB1 \xCE\xB2\xCE\xB9\xCE\xB2\xCE\xBB...') #1 /home/u698800366/public_html/ow_utilities/html_tag.php(345): Zend\Escaper\Escaper->escapeHtmlAttr('\xCE\x95\xCE\xBD\xCE\xB1 \xCE\xB2\xCE\xB9\xCE\xB2\xCE\xBB...') #2 /home/u698800366/public_html/ow_utilities/html_tag.php(49): UTIL_HtmlTag::escapeHtmlAttr('\xCE\x95\xCE\xBD\xCE\xB1 \xCE\xB2\xCE\xB9\xCE\xB2\xCE\xBB...') #3 /home/u698800366/public_html/ow_core/html_document.php(646): UTIL_HtmlTag::generateTag('meta', Array) #4 /home/u698800366/public_html/ow_core/response.php(200): OW_HtmlDocument->render() #5 /home/u698800366/public_html/ow_core/application.php(487): OW_Response->respond() #6 /home/u698800366/public_html/index.php(94): OW_Application->returnResponse() #7 {main}

the bold message is written in Greek (if it matters....the whole site's posts are in greek...)
my msql database is set to utf8_general_ci .....
i also attach a screenshot....
i have no clue what is going wrong...any help appreciated.....
The Forum post is edited by erik Apr 3 '16
Attachments:
  error500.jpg (253Kb)
ross Team
ross Mar 29 '16
Erik, please PM me your cpanel access details for the server and admin website access details. Also this meta info in Greek you paste to your website, we'll look into the issue. 
erik
erik Apr 1 '16
sorry folks....its obvious that we can not give this kind of info....like passwords!
any ideas to help us solve this issue? still getting in trouble....
erik
erik Apr 1 '16
well...seems like oxwall does not work correctly with greek characters.....
thinking of getting back to the good old joomla-kunena compination......
except if there is someone who can help us urgentlly.........
we spent a lot of time to set it online......sorry folks.....
erik
erik Apr 3 '16
after many tries,i got it.....went to phpmyadmin,found the function "convert" and i converted the whole database to utf8-unicode_ci
this is kind of strange,because i never had problems with utf8-general ci
anyway,case is closed.....keep on with oxwall!
erik
erik May 4 '16
well,were we are again...seems the problem is still here.....attached screenshot....
Attachments:
  Screenshot.jpg (290Kb)
ross Team
ross May 5 '16
Erik, we are going to get rid of Zend Escaper library, so I believe this issue will be fixed in the upcoming update. 

Either you wait for 2 more weeks and wait for the update or provide us access details to your server and website. 

kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
For every service, our specialty is unparalleled, which makes us your best shot if you are looking for top-rated technicians. Costa Mesa Pro Tree Care
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
We provide quality repair services for all types of trucks, and our experienced mechanics will ensure that your truck is back up and running in no time. Gary On-Site Truck Repair