We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

CSS code to remove remove add new video and add new blog post | Forum

Annalise
Annalise Mar 30 '16
Hi, 

Which CSS code can I use to hide all the "add new video" and "add new blog post" buttons? I want to be the only one to be able to add videos and blog posts, so I want to hide those buttons.

Thanks for your help!

Annalise

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 30 '16
Have you considered creating a new user role for yourself? I have one called site admin that I added myself to, and have some things turned off for everyone else.
Annalise
Annalise Mar 30 '16
Hello. Thanks for your reply. Yes I have an admin role for myself, but the buttons are still visible for them.  The button needs to be removed, because they can't upgrade in order to post. For videos and blogs all site members can view only.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 30 '16
When I uncheck the "Add Video", and "Write New Post" for members in the user roles the buttons are not visible using my demo account. If I am logged in they are visible. If you did this via css, they wouldn't be visible at all. A css change would be global for all users. Including the admin. You could uncheck the boxes in user roles for those items for guest, and standard members, and leave it checked for say paid members, and site admin. If someone upgraded to a paid member, they would then see the buttons to add a video, or write a bog post.
Annalise
Annalise Mar 31 '16
My hair should be blond lol, thanks Darryl :)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 31 '16
You are very welcome. Glad I could help.
Annalise
Annalise Mar 31 '16
Your help is much appreciated ;)