We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error 500 message help | Forum

TST
TST Apr 7 '16
HI, I got this error 500 message, i did the debug_mode thing and now it gives me this message, I'm very new at this... so please try to explain in an easy way. Thank you.

Message:SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'key' in 'where clause'File:/home/tsthing/public_html/social/ow_core/database.phpLine:723Trace:#0 /home/tsthing/public_html/social/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home/tsthing/public_html/social/ow_core/database.php(308): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM o...', Array) #2 /home/tsthing/public_html/social/ow_core/base_dao.php(114): OW_Database->queryForObject('SELECT * FROM o...', 'BOL_Theme', Array, 86400, Array) #3 /home/tsthing/public_html/social/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_dao.php(111): OW_BaseDao->findObjectByExample(Object(OW_Example), 86400, Array) #4 /home/tsthing/public_html/social/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php(485): BOL_ThemeDao->findByKey('simplicity') #5 /home/tsthing/public_html/social/ow_core/theme_manager.php(86): BOL_ThemeService->getThemeObjectByKey('simplicity', false) #6 /home/tsthing/public_html/social/ow_core/application.php(174): OW_ThemeManager->initDefaultTheme() #7 /home/tsthing/public_html/social/index.php(54): OW_Application->init() #8 {main}Type:PDOException

ross Team
ross Apr 7 '16
Were you updating your software or what? What were your actions before you run into 500 error? 
TST
TST Apr 8 '16
I contacted the original owners of the website (as we are pretty much moderators and not administrators), and the only thing they told me is that they didn't do anything. Apparently it just broke by itself. 

I tried to modify the html code that is shown in the error, but now, instead of showing the error 500 message, it simply states (Roughly translated)

"web page *our webpage* doesn't work

web page *our web page* can't process this request now

500"  

I can revert the HTML code back to its original state as I saved each and every row of text I modified, but it simply feels like being stuck in a roundabout. Any suggestions?

ross Team
ross Apr 11 '16
it can't be broke by itself, the error clearly shows that someone has been doing the update and it has not been successfully completed. 

can you please forward the owner of the website here?