We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem using the connect button - Facebook Connect | Forum

Gustav
Gustav Apr 18 '16
Hi,
When I use the plugin I get the button but when I press it a red box pops up with this message:
FBCONNECT+JOIN_INCOMPLETE

Is there some way to tell what kind of error this is? I haven't done much settings in FB developer.

//Gustav
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Apr 19 '16
Have you configured FB app according to the tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:facebook-connect ?
Gustav
Gustav Apr 20 '16
Yes.
Gustav
Gustav Apr 20 '16
Note it works with IE.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Apr 21 '16
share your url please
Gustav
Gustav Apr 22 '16
http://pinocchio.skaggbyran.se/
I tried adding Facebook SDK as it seems from a JavaScript error that the FB object is missing.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Apr 22 '16
I'm sorry Gustav, but I don't see any red error "FBCONNECT+JOIN_INCOMPLETE"
I only see the green message. See screenshot. I believe you have not properly translate your language. Please check FB connect translation of yours. For this login_success_msg key
Attachments:
  Screenshot from 2016-04-22 15:44:54.png (445Kb)
Gustav
Gustav Apr 22 '16
Thanks... very peculiar... I tried a new installation of Firefox and yes, that works! Our regular browsers still show the error though... not sure why. We're working on translating. Thanks. Do you know what a normal setup is, that should be used for testing this site?
The Forum post is edited by Gustav Apr 22 '16
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Apr 26 '16
I'm sorry Gustav, I'm not sure I understood you. What do you mean by normal setup for testing the site? Please elaborate so we could assist you better.
Gustav
Gustav Apr 26 '16

Quote from Oxwall Software I'm sorry Gustav, I'm not sure I understood you. What do you mean by normal setup for testing the site? Please elaborate so we could assist you better.

The browser and operating system being used.

I could join, like your screenshot, using Chromium, on Mac OS X® but Firefox on Mac OS X® did not work. A moment later I could join with Firefox on Mac OS X® as well. Puzzling... will it stay functional?
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Apr 27 '16
I'm sorry but we can easily registered via Firefox on MacOS. See screenshots.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Apr 27 '16
What is the version of your Firefox browser.
Gustav
Gustav Apr 28 '16
45.0.2. The problems went away, not sure what happened.
You do not have permission to reply this topic