We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Tiny Chat gone wild | Forum

John
John Aug 13 '10
Discovered a couple additional issues yesterday. I was hoping they'd clear up but have not.

I left myself in chat in one browser window for over an hour while I worked on other stuff. I came back to the tinychat window and turned on the cam. I could see myself reading a newspaper when suddenly a message popped up "YOU have been banned from tinychat". LOL!

I am the only member and chat was empty except for me. Anyway, I clicked on the OK button and it put me right back into chat. Once back into chat I tried turning the cam on again and it took me through the few steps to choose a cam but after hitting the last button, I was not broadcasting. I tried several more times and the cam still will not come on.

I tried restarting the browser and even turned the computer off and back on. Still the same thing. Cam will not work.

Any help on this issue? Anyone else experiencing this?

Emil Team
Emil Aug 13 '10
Try to submit this problem to Tinychat.
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 13 '10
the room you were probably connected to was called www which is open to MANY peeps.

Read thru the other bug reports to see info on tinychat problems. Most likely someone not known to you also connected to the same room got you banned!
Den Team
Den Aug 16 '10
MichaelK
This bug is really present and we will fixed it shortly
Den Team
Den Aug 17 '10
God news guys! We applied this bugfix for tinychat. All you need to do is update this plugin via Admin Panel->Available Plugins->Tiny Chat-> Update
John
John Aug 17 '10
I assume that chat has to be uninstalled first? I looked at the plugin settings and did not see the update.

Does this update remove all other sites from our chat?
The Forum post is edited by John Aug 17 '10
Emil Team
Emil Aug 17 '10
No, the plugin doesn't have to be uninstalled before the update.

If you don't see notification about plugin update in the admin area chances are you are running beta 1. Please download beta 2, it will allow you to update plugins via admin area.

Yes, this update will fix the other sites issue.