We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Search groups in the side menu | Forum

Diego Alex
Diego Alex Apr 26 '16
Hi, I want to get the names of the groups that the user participates and display on the side menu when it is logged in. It is to do this without being a plugin?
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '16
You can add groups to the side menu via the groups widget, however it is not by participation. It just lists however many groups you want to list there i believe. 

Dave

Diego Alex
Diego Alex Apr 27 '16
Dave, Hi.

I could not do what you said, I did not find this option in group settings. What I want is to list the groups a user participates in the space shown in the print.

The Forum post is edited by Diego Alex Apr 27 '16
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '16
I am not sure what theme that is you are using however what i am referring to is on the main page.  I have changed to the Darklets theme on my test site to make it more apparent to you.  This is on the left side bar and you can access the options by clicking on customize this page button.   Hope that helps :)

Diego Alex
Diego Alex Apr 27 '16
Hi, Dave, at the location you indicated I could put, I want is to have this option in the side of the system menu. Do you know if this is possible?
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '16
Not that i am aware of, i do not believe it is possible without custom coding.  
Diego Alex
Diego Alex Apr 28 '16
Okay Dave, thanks.