We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

If I do the test for the commercial plugin in temporary site(sub-domain of my domain name). | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
WOO
WOO Apr 29 '16
If I do the test for the commercial plugin in temporary site(not open to public, with sub-domain of my domain name, such as test.mydomain.com). And the test plugin will run for a period of time with the same plugin in main site.

Do I need buy 2 licenses?

Thanks!

Anitaku
Anitaku Apr 29 '16
you can only use a plug in on 1 site at a time. So you could test it on your test site then reset the ip and use it on the main site when safe and ready.

I've noticed that if you enable or install a plug in on a test site to test an update, etc while having it on your main site already, it wont deactivate the main site plug in right away, so i guess you've got a day or so before you need to reset the ip again and update it on your main site.

WOO
WOO Apr 30 '16
Thanks for reply. That's very helpful for me!

Can I ask an other question?

How a commercial plugin to be certified? By a server of author? Does that mean the plugin I buy always depend on the server? Is it a kind of risk?

Thanks again!

The Forum post is edited by WOO Apr 30 '16
Anitaku
Anitaku Apr 30 '16
I'm not sure mate. That's a question for the team or a developer. I assume it has to do with the licence key which tells oxwalls server what site is using which plug ins, and when the cron runs each day (total assumption) it checks for the licence key being used on 2 or more separate ips. 

Not sure if that answers your question. Hope it does. 

Maybe the devs can elaborate. :) 
The Forum post is edited by Anitaku Apr 30 '16
WOO
WOO Apr 30 '16
Thanks!  I'm going to buy one and try.

For example, I run at my local computer with PHP support and without internet connection. To see what will happen. : )

Quote from Phil W I'm not sure mate. That's a question for the team or a developer. I assume it has to do with the licence key which tells oxwalls server what site is using which plug ins, and when the cron runs each day (total assumption) it checks for the licence key being used on 2 or more separate ips. 
Not sure if that answers your question. Hope it does. 
Maybe the devs can elaborate. :)