We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

removing header image | Forum

Anitaku
Anitaku May 1 '16
I want to hide the header image on my website. But only on Profiles. 

I still want it to show up on the rest of the site. But with profiles, i'd like to be hidden.

Just wondering if there is a quick fix/css code I can input to do it or if its a larger project than that. 

Appreciate any guidance on the issue. 

Thanks!

Marcel
Marcel May 1 '16
In HTML/Box on the profiles page

<style>

.ow_header {
display:none;
}
</style>
Anitaku
Anitaku May 1 '16
Thanks mate.

That's almost what I want, however it hides the main menu bar as well.

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 1 '16
Nope. There are only two pages that you can control the header on "Dashboard" and "Index" pages. All other pages use a generic css for the header.

The css below will remove the header from all pages, and display it on the index and dashboard. It may be a little different depending on the theme.

div.ow_page_wrap div.ow_page_padding div.ow_page_container div.ow_canvas div.ow_page.ow_bg_color.clearfix div.ow_header div.ow_header_pic {
    display: none;
}
.base_user_dashboard div.ow_page_wrap div.ow_page_padding div.ow_page_container div.ow_canvas div.ow_page.ow_bg_color.clearfix div.ow_header div.ow_header_pic {
    display: flex;
}
.base_index_page div.ow_page_wrap div.ow_page_padding div.ow_page_container div.ow_canvas div.ow_page.ow_bg_color.clearfix div.ow_header div.ow_header_pic {
    display: flex;
}
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 1 '16
You could also try Marcel's idea, but using .ow_header_pic instead of .ow_header
Anitaku
Anitaku May 1 '16
Tried both of those and nothing changed. I can make it work with marcels idea though.

Thanks heaps to both of you. =]

Anitaku
Anitaku May 1 '16
I just noticed that it doesn't actually hide the menu. The menu just moves up to behind the very top bar. haha.

Is there a code i could attach to marcels that would move the menu down to below the hovering top bar?

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 1 '16
You can try setting a top margin. You may have to play with it.

.ow_menu_wrap {
    margin-top: 40px
}
Anitaku
Anitaku May 1 '16
perfect! thanks so much! :D
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 1 '16
Slam.....Dunk!!  Teamwork put that one to bed. lol
Amuwa Team
Amuwa Team May 19 '16
Hi team this is amol from amuwa infotech i am new to oxwall & would like to create business community so i have questions in mind

1. can we create business community those who have business they can registered with us & we can show their profiles as well as their industries ...

2. after registration can we show database on home page that means people can search according to their area (example: if you have business of beauty solon & you have registered with us. can we show on front page from this area or city having this salon & as well as people can search on salon in xyz area on home page so they can easily get their details & then we can put form their send equiry or something so both will get business.) so can we do in this.

please answer thanks waiting your reply