We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Theme backup restoration doesn't work | Forum

Joaquin
Joaquin May 3 '16
I got some work done on my css for the landing page that screwed a few classes in the backend. I have restored an old backup but it doesn't solve the problem.

I have dev mode on, the right one.

As nothing seems to restore my backup I moved on to trying different things:
I have deleted the content of the following folders:
- ow_userfiles/themes
- ow_static/themes/mytheme
- ow_smarty/theme_c

It's still not working.

Can anyone explain to me how the cache system works, why restoring the backups are not fixing the problem and what I can do?

Thank you

The Forum post is edited by Joaquin May 3 '16
ross Team
ross May 3 '16
why do you delete the content of the folders? 

Just reupload your backup to the theme folder enable dev mode to recompile the templates and clear the cache. 

ross Team
ross May 3 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Joaquin
Joaquin May 3 '16
It didn't work.

Apparently there was some customised style from the admin panel. This content goes to the folder ow_userfiles/themes. The content lost was the one here and it wasn't coming back after restoring a backup, having DEV mode set to true.

My concern now is, why did this content started to dissapear? At first I noticed that some things were starting to fail, and gradually quite a few of the classes held in this file. This is a file that nobody has modified so it's something quite strange.

It would be good to know the reason.

The Forum post is edited by Joaquin May 3 '16
dave Leader
dave May 3 '16
First change your password to your cpanel and ftp to be sure your safe.  You can replace oxwall files from the download or backup in many places where it will not overwrite user data.  

If i were you i would replace as many files as i could to be sure you have them all, just try to stay away from userfiles section unless you know what your doing.   And of course do not replace the config file either.  

Let us know, also check for files with incomplete extentions such as .ph which should be .php or .jp  which should be .jpg   some times servers can delete files with inproper extentions.   And sometimes those extensions get corrupted during upload.  Be sure you are uploading in binary if you are using filezilla. 

Hope that helps. 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 3 '16
ross Team
ross May 4 '16
Joaquin, you have Skadate software, please send all your requests to Skadate support team, we do not provide assistance to Skadate clients.