We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User deletion is not- error message - Parse error | Forum

pikar
pikar May 4 '16
Hi @ all

if I want to delete a user, because he only writes spam, the following error message comes

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/www/web204/html/oxw/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/email_verify_service.php on line 315

on
Oxwall-Version: 1.8.2 (build 10400)
ross Team
ross May 4 '16
what is you php version?
pikar
pikar May 4 '16
Hello
ok thanks for the hint has been done, was to php 5.4 after conversion to 5.5 went there

thank you
ross Team
ross May 4 '16
So is the issue resolved?
pikar
pikar May 4 '16
Yes, it is
ross Team
ross May 4 '16
Great. 
Odd
Odd May 10 '16

I seem to have a related problem. When i try to delete a user I get a page not found 500 error. We also have users report problems when they try to change their profile picture. Also, the cron job fails with this message:

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[' in /storage/content/94/100394/domain.name.no/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/email_verify_service.php on line 315

Our version of Oxwall is 1.8.2 (build 10400)

We are hosted on a shared server run on Ubuntu and php -v shows this result:

PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.16 (cli) (built: Apr 20 2016 14:31:27)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend Technologies

Any advice?

ross Team
ross May 10 '16
What is your php version? it should be 5.5 +
Odd
Odd May 10 '16
Php version is 5.5.9
ross Team
ross May 11 '16
can you pm me your FTP and admin access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
ross Team
ross May 11 '16
Your php version is 5.3 see screenshot I sent you. 
Odd
Odd May 11 '16

Which is strange as long as the command i ran in putty ssh session tells me the version is 5.5.9.

I will contact our host and ask them to investigate it further and report back here if they have a solution.

Thank you for your time and help :-)

dave Leader
dave May 11 '16
Sounds like you are on a VPS or DED server.  Just go into your WHM and check the version inside the root settings. That way you will know for sure.  
Odd
Odd May 11 '16
I'm not on a dedicated server, I'm on a shared server and only got ssh access to our own folders and of course, no root access.
Odd
Odd May 11 '16

The server should now be at php version 5.6 but now the whole site is down with the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

dave Leader
dave May 11 '16
did you change something either inside the config file for oxwall, or htaccess, or php ini files?
Odd
Odd May 11 '16

I did not change anything in the filesystem but when I examined the root htaccess file I found an error there which I corrected and got the site back up again.

It seems this solved the problems on the site, the cron job is working again and I am able to delete users.

Thank you for your help :-)

dave Leader
dave May 11 '16
great glad you got it sorted... 
ross Team
ross May 11 '16
Great. Thanks for letting us know.