We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Fully Mobilize Desktop Version | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Locofans
Locofans May 9 '16
Greetings Everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I posted one of my "In progress" projects requesting help with the mobile design FROM HERE. I received little to no help at all. Some where complaining about the Oxwall Mobile version as not compatible with every plugins.

Now I've been working on the Ultimate desktop theme which won't require the Mobile version (Until it is fully done). My question now is:

1) How can I call in the $userName, $userAvatar and $AvatarUrl to the side menu? Should I create a separate plugin?

Check picture below:

Website  ==> https://www.locofans.com/

===============================
Mobilizing Oxwall is my main focus.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 9 '16
Looking good. Wish I could help with that, but definitely out of my league. You should try sending Dave a pm in case he doesn't see this. He seems to be pretty good with Oxwall, and its structure.
Locofans
Locofans May 9 '16
Thanks Darryl, I did sent Dave a pm. According to Dave and based on his post through out the whole forum, he is very good with plugins but limited with themes.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 9 '16
I figured he would be able to assist since it is essentially a place holder with the code inside to pull that info into it. From there it's css.
dave Leader
dave May 15 '16
True i am limited on themes probably because i hate making them. Not my cup of tea lol.. i tried at one time in my early days but i found i just prefer the php side of things.  I know enough css to get me into trouble is all..  ;0 

Thanks for the confidence there DB ;)

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 15 '16
lol. I'm just the other way around. I know enough code to mess things up. Good thing we have internet to find out how to do stuff.
JB TECH
JB TECH Apr 23 '18
Loco,

I believe the approach would to be making a separate small plugin to install that sets up the variables for you, and then call for them in your SMARTY views file.