We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FTP not downloading some files? | Forum

Marcus
Marcus May 13 '16
I have some files showing as "could not start transfer" all are located in ow_userfiles/plugins/photo/

How to fix it?

P.S when I retry to download the files it says could not find the file but then how was it found it the first place I mean this is crasy to me?
The Forum post is edited by Marcus May 13 '16
dave Leader
dave May 13 '16
What FTP program are you using?

A more efficient way of doing that is to just do a site backup and download that, you will get everything you want and you can open it up as you like. 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 13 '16
ross Team
ross May 16 '16
Dave +1

WHere do you transfer the files? What software do you use where you see this notification? 
I believe it has nothing to do with the Oxwall software, right. 

Marcus
Marcus May 18 '16
Guys please help me with this! I am using FileZilla and it's like 1GB takes forever.

I see this message in the message log and I see it says failed to transfer 7. How do I backup my server without FTP and make sure it's all there? I am on Godaddy and I can't backup DB case it gets broken after a 10 mb or something.
ross Team
ross May 18 '16
Contact your hosting provider to resolve your issue with the backup. 

I personally, do back up this way: 

1. archive all files via cpanel and download the archive via CPanel

2. export a database dump. 

if this is not working for you as well, contact your hosting provider to resolve your issue. 

Marcus
Marcus May 18 '16
Thanks Ross so much!