We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Membership Badges Module | Forum

Dale
Dale May 17 '16
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a Developer that can make me a module that links in with user roles.

So in essence when you assign a role to a user there would be a module under the users profile avatar that displays a badge/logo/image associated with that role. Now i do know that this feature is available on Dolphin, So i'm pretty sure it can be done here.

regards

Dale

dave Leader
dave May 31 '16
are you thinking something like the little badges that come with teamspeak, that style of badge?  

example

http://orig07.deviantart.net/9cf9/f/2013/178/7/5/teamspeak_3_shield_icons_by_jankec90-d5y1mx1.jpg

Abbey
Abbey Jun 4 '16
I think he's talking bout fancying up memberships, I've suggested this several times but no ones been interested, instead of just having the lil text on your pic I think he wants a badge that displays memberships much bigger and fancier
dave Leader
dave Jun 4 '16
Oh ok abbey thanks, so not the small ones i showed in that link but bigger ones. I wonder how big. 
Abbey
Abbey Jun 5 '16
I'm not sure maybe like
Image result for membership badge

Or just a banner..... they really should post back since you were kind enough to answer
Dale
Dale Jun 5 '16
Hi Dave Im looking for something like

Where you see on the top left there's a box for membership badges. 

Something similar to that would be what i am after as a plugin.

this was my old site on Dolphin before i moved over to oxwall.

With the ability to add in as many memberships and badges as I like attached into a users role. so when i switch a users roles the membership badge changes as well.

There was also an option to give it a time limit like 60 days and after 60 days the role/membership would revert back to a standard membership if that makes sense.

The Forum post is edited by Dale Jun 5 '16
dave Leader
dave Jun 5 '16
Thanks for the clarification i will noodle over this and reply back.  :)