We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Display user name on member page | Forum

Tausif
Tausif May 18 '16
In which file i'll find the code of user name on member page?
Attachments:
  user name.png (43Kb)
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
I believe the php side array is built in  ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/user_list.php
Tausif
Tausif May 19 '16
which piece of code?
dave Leader
dave May 19 '16
If you are not a programmer i would not go hacking around in there unless you know what you are doing.  The fact that you don't know which code tells me you are not a programmer.  Which is OK, let me know what you are trying to do and ill see if i can assist you with that.. :)
ross Team
ross May 19 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Tausif
Tausif May 19 '16
Yes sir, You are right. I'm new in oxwall.
dave Leader
dave May 19 '16
Welcome to Oxwall Tausif, glad to have you around.  :)  

May i ask what you are wanting to do and i will try to help you 

Tausif
Tausif May 19 '16
I want to display user data from database in member page at user's list below user's name. like user's city name etc. How can i fetch that data and display?
dave Leader
dave May 19 '16
If you are going to list their city then the first thing you need to do is to let them know that in your TOS and privacy pages.  Because that is a privacy issue and that can get someone hurt if people know their city.  So you need to be careful with that kind of stuff.

However i did check the php file and the html file and i am not seeing the same display code so it has to be somewhere else. 

Why do you try the hint plugin  

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/634

Its free and you dont have to edit the core files.  I think it would work better for you

Tausif
Tausif May 19 '16
Hello dave, Thanks for your prompt reply... but i have added custom profile questions & that i would like to show when someone go to members page (with avatar now showing name & activity) but i would like to my custom question

Example:
i have added business name & their city & industry that i would like to show on members pages.

I am attaching screenshot where i want to show custom fields please look into

thanks very appreciate
Attachments:
  custom field.png (366Kb)
dave Leader
dave May 19 '16
This would be a custom programming job and you would probably have to hire a programmer to do it.  

I can point you to the files but the custom work would have to be yours. 

Also remember that if you change the core, you have to change it back after every update because your changes will be overwritten.

dave Leader
dave May 19 '16
The html file for the display is ow_system_plugins/base/decorators/user_list_item.html

The associated php file is in my previous post. 

Good luck with your project :)