We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Trouble uploading photos on mobile | Forum

Danielle
Danielle May 19 '16
I am unable to upload photos from my camera on mobile. The file is too big and I cannot change the file size on admin panel because 2mb is the server limit. Is this something I need to contact my hosting for? I have had my site up a few days and haven't had an issue until now. The default settings for photos were larger before and suddenly it's not letting me use photos larger than 2mb.
dave Leader
dave May 19 '16
If you just updated then check your htaccess or php ini to see if your custom maxupload or maxpost size settings has been removed and add them back

If you did a back up as you should have before updating then you can compare it to the old htaccess or php ini  in your backup copy. 

if you have not updated and just new to oxwall then just add these to your php.ini file 

post_max_size = 70M 

upload_max_filesize = 70M 

set the number to whatever you want ie 20M  30M  or whatever 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 19 '16
Danielle
Danielle May 20 '16
The update is not the problem, It is a server issue. There is a max file size, I am told, so what I really need is to figure out how to compress photos when they are uploaded. I'm not sure if this is possible.
ross Team
ross May 23 '16
This could be a deal-breaker and can influence your site traffic, I recommend you to change your provider or hosting plan, so that you'll be able to control such things on your server.