We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problems after update | Forum

TonyKa
TonyKa May 20 '16
Hi, i just upgraded to 1.8.3 the platform and after, i cannot update noone of the plugins.

When i try to update any of the plugins, I get the error:

Plugin update requestPlugin not found
Can somebody help please??
thank you so much

dave Leader
dave May 20 '16
what is your php version
TonyKa
TonyKa May 20 '16
I have 5.6

I have cloudlinux on my dedicated server so i can install any version is mostly suggested (between 5.2 - 5.3 - 5.4 - 5.6 - 7 )

You think is that the problem???

Thank you so much!

dave Leader
dave May 20 '16
From what i have been told it works better on 5.5, intermittent on 5.6, and rare on 7

So you may want to try 5.5, let us know please :)

TonyKa
TonyKa May 21 '16
DAve you are GREAT!!! GREAT really!! i switched to 5.5 and worked!! Thank you so much.

can you help please on something else?? the site STUCKS i mean freezes so you have to wait.. noone can see what is happening...

is there any list of what modules etc are need to installed on a server? In the previous server it was GREAT fast... now even if the server is 4x times faster for sure something is missing an make the site slow...

can you help??

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave Leader
dave May 21 '16
Check to see if your dev mode is on, if it is turn it off.  
TonyKa
TonyKa May 21 '16
dev mode in oxwall?? how i can check it????? 
dave Leader
dave May 21 '16
Well i assumed you knew about it because you have prev experience with Oxwall.  Since you dont know about it then its prob fine but check anyway. 

Open up ow_includes/config.php and look near the bottom,  be sure that both dev mode and debug mode are set to false. 

If they are then get this plugin 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/579

for free and run it.  I think you need to clear your cache. You can do so without the plugin but i think you may be too new at this right now and might mess something up. So just use the plugin. 

TonyKa
TonyKa May 21 '16
you are GREAT i have no words to say!! noone can help on this problem.. all the sites i have stuck.. i dont know why. i wil try right now!! and be back!!

thank you so much

TonyKa
TonyKa May 21 '16
so, the debugs are off, i installed the plugin but no luck. Its really stucking..  even when i cleaned the cache, the fade in banner that says CACHE CLEARED stucked for a while...

its so difficult for users to work on the site.

This site was moved from another server. But also i installed a new one , completely new installation and does the same.. so im quite sure its a server issue... or something missing or db config i dont know what....

or I have installed plugins that are not compatible or i dont know.. i purchased cloudlinux to fix it but no luck.

also i purchased the optimize plugin, and installed memcach and memcashed but nothing changed...

i really appreciate your help. i have no words to say.

thank you so much!!

dave Leader
dave May 21 '16
run a traceroute on your site 

Open the Start menu.
Click on Run.
Type cmd and then press the OK button to open a command prompt.
At the prompt, type tracert yourdomain.com and press the Enter key.

Wait for it to finish. 

To copy the output, right click, select all,  cntrl-C to copy or, right click copy

and send that to your host. They should be able to figure out what is going on from there. 

:)

The Forum post is edited by dave May 21 '16
TonyKa
TonyKa May 21 '16
it has nothing to do with tracer... it is something in the server like php configuration etc... something is missing or something makes issues... when i had server on other dedicated company they fixed it perfect! now on the other i am they dont do nothing...

Thank you so much

dave Leader
dave May 22 '16
Are you still having an issue with this ?

So you have two issues sorry, i was addressing the slowness issue.  The other issue is that you cant update plugins right?

TonyKa
TonyKa May 22 '16
I have 3 sites

all had 5.6 php

only in the one i could not update because of php. you solved it for me!!! you told me to go to 5.5 and updated perfect! So all sites are updated (the other two updated from 5.6 fine so i will switch them now to 5.5).

The problem is that sites are FREEZING... so when i "browse" as user or admin, i try to move the mouse and freezes for a while... after it unfreezes and is doing the moves i tried to do when it was FROZEN so it goes up and down like crazy.

i dont understnad why it does this.. i think a module is missing or something on the server configuration.. because its doing it in all sites

thank you so much!!!

dave Leader
dave May 22 '16
what is your site url, i will see if it is your site or just your connection.  You can pm me with your url if you dont want to share it publicly 
TonyKa
TonyKa May 22 '16
i send you !! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!
dave Leader
dave May 22 '16
OK TonyKa,   i browsed a bit (not logged in)  first let me say that you have a beautiful website WOW..  i was totally impressed and i think it is honestly one of the best designed websites i have ever seen. 

I had no issue browsing, pages loaded just fine for me. 

On another note i looked up your website in our donation log and you are not authorized to remove the Oxwall Attribution from the bottom of your website and you must put it back or we cannot assist you further.  

TonyKa
TonyKa May 22 '16
Hi Dave and thank you so much!! 

its Skadate payed... with premium themes.. its just a premium theme i have not added something :)  so of course its payed!! :)

can you try to login and see ???? its freezes... 

Thank you so much!!

The Forum post is edited by TonyKa May 22 '16
dave Leader
dave May 22 '16
I did not know it was skadate site, we are not allowed to give support to skadate sites as this is oxwall.  You need to contact the skadate support for further assistance.  I do apologize but that is our rule.  Skadate support will have to help you further on this. 

I wish you best of luck and hope you get things fixed :)

TonyKa
TonyKa May 22 '16
thank you so much dave!!! all the best !! thank you once more!!
Pages: 1 2 »