We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Login Error! | Forum

Lisa
Lisa Jun 26 '12

Members (and admins) for our site are sporadically getting this error when trying to login. It isn't an issue of an incorrect login/password (which is a different error msg) and once it happens once it seems to happen repeatedly. Sometimes I can get around it by going to /sign-in or /admin but it's happening to our members too. Please advise what may be causing this error as I am concerned we will lose members over it.

Thanks!

The Forum post is edited by Lisa Jun 26 '12
Attachments:
  loginerror.png (5.63Kb)
Lisa
Lisa Jun 27 '12
This is a big issue.... our site's been quiet for several days and this error keeps happening regularly enough that we're concerned it's driving away site traffic. Can anyone help advise what this "error" on login means and what we can do to make it stop?
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 1 '12
Lisa, I will consult our developers regarding the issue and get back to you.
Lisa
Lisa Jul 4 '12
Thanks, please let me know when you have news - still seeing this regularly and am concerned it's affecting our membership.
Lisa
Lisa Jul 8 '12
This is becoming increasingly urgent - it is critical that we understand what is causing this error. If it is something we can fix - we need to fix it. If it is user error, we need to know that so we can educate our site admins and members. We are losing members over this. Please update as soon as possible. Thank you.
Lisa
Lisa Jul 10 '12

Has no one else run into this problem? There's an oxwall "error" message popping up so Oxwall must know to display this particular message when a certain "thing" happens. Can the Oxwall team not tell me what circumstances cause this "error" message to pop up?

I can't address it if I don't know what's causing it....

Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 17 '12
This looks like a problem somehow related to your server. Our developers will check into the problem soon.