We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can you help | Forum

Jason
Jason May 31 '16
Can anyone help my site has gone into maintenance mode and won't let me login . This was after i did the update. I at a loss what to do . plEase can you help or should I start from fresh????
dave Leader
dave May 31 '16
No you do not need to start over.  just sign on this way 

www.example.com/sign-in

then go to admin - pages - special pages  and turn off maintenance mode. 

Jason
Jason May 31 '16
No it keeps going back to the maintenance page ..

dave Leader
dave May 31 '16
all by itself?   So after you uncheck the box and save it, it goes back all by itself?

did you finish the update, update the plugins, and the themes?

The Forum post is edited by dave May 31 '16
Jason
Jason May 31 '16
on the maintenance page it loops back to the same page just by clicking on the link

Jason
Jason May 31 '16
thanks though

dave Leader
dave May 31 '16
do you know how to use the myPHPAdmin for your table?
dave Leader
dave May 31 '16
change the value in the ow_base_config table for your maintenance page to 0 instead of 1

Jason
Jason Jun 1 '16
Thanks I did that but the site is like its lost the use of a template.

dave Leader
dave Jun 1 '16
go to ow_includes folder and open up config.php and change dev mode to true, then refresh your site page, then turn dev mode back to false 
dave Leader
dave Jun 1 '16
or get this plugin that will do it for you without changing the config file 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/579

Jason
Jason Jun 1 '16
Sorry about this I already had it set to dev mode iI've set it back to false but everythings not quite right . Chat box is stretched across the bottom of the site . In admin no uninstall etc next to plugins no checkboxes . The template i normally use has a red frame and shade over it. Also theres no drop downs working . I'm not sure what i'm missing.
dave Leader
dave Jun 1 '16
as long as it works with a box issued theme, that is all we can promise. If you are using a custom theme then you will need to contact the theme developer as that theme may not be compatible with the new version of oxwall. 

Try a standard theme and see if that works please, change it to simplicity and let us know please. 

Jason
Jason Jun 1 '16
I have it set to simplicity at the moment it won't let me change it anything else..??
dave Leader
dave Jun 1 '16
u have php 5.5 right ?
Jason
Jason Jun 1 '16
yes

ross Team
ross Jun 1 '16
Are you sure you're disabling maintenance mode in the right database? 

Please share your url. 

Jason
Jason Jun 1 '16
liveinhastings.co.uk

let me know if you need a login

ross Team
ross Jun 1 '16
I see sign-in form. See screenshot

Clear your browser cache or try another one. 

Jason
Jason Jun 1 '16
No I can get in but not through fb/connect this is what happens now. 

Chat box is stretched across the bottom of the site . In admin no uninstall etc next to plugins no checkboxes . The template i normally use has a red frame and shade over it. Also theres no drop downs working . I'm not sure what i'm missing.

the theme with the red box is Facebook redesigned.

Pages: 1 2 3 »