We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Where to find all mail texts for editing? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Bridgette
Bridgette Jun 5 '16
Hello there,

We want to personalize all the emails sent to users. Where are they located please?

the emails like "Welcome to our site" or "Latest Activity..."

Thank you for any help in finding where to edit these. :)

Bridgette

Bridgette
Bridgette Jun 5 '16
Ugh. Nevermind. I found it all stuffed into the language files.

Thanks. 

dave Leader
dave Jun 5 '16
Yes mam, we stuff, cram, jam, push, fill, shove, pack, ram, squeeze, squash, press, and force as much as we can into the language section of admin :)

glad you got it sorted :)

Bridgette
Bridgette Jun 5 '16
LOL - sorry if I sounded too negative. That's just a wee bit messy for me. Are there raw files I can find on my server to really have a cleaner editing experience?

Don't shoot me for asking, pls. I like to do things at base level ... I red faced but proudly admit, I still use vi too. ;)

thanks,

Bridgette

dave Leader
dave Jun 5 '16
No you didnt sound neg at all i was just being goofy lol...   Im not sure what you mean by raw files or clean editing experience. I hope you are not editing the lang zip file, you dont have to, there is an admin for that.  

Oxwall uses the smarty template engine to parse the html.  Is that were you are having trouble?

Bridgette
Bridgette Jun 5 '16
I'm not having any trouble other than editing in the admin boxes, item after item after item... 

A long lang file (or even several) would allow me to open & edit with my choice of editor, and I could see it all laid out rather than tabbing to next box, grabbing corner to expand that box... reading it... OMG. This is mind numbing. ;)

dave Leader
dave Jun 5 '16
You do realize that if you are changing the core text, when you get an update it will overwrite your changes.  

The only way i change language is to go to admin languages and change it in there, you can also use the available languages tab and on that menu is a export option where you can export a zip file if you want to edit it manually i guess you could do that. 

Bridgette
Bridgette Jun 5 '16
Yep. I know. But some of the text is impossible.

example: "See who's in" which really just goes to a member directory.

That won't fly with my audience. So needs to be edited. I found a bunch of small stuff like that.

Thanks Dave!

Hope you are having a great weekend! :)

Bridgette

ross Team
ross Jun 6 '16
Look who's in can be changed here: www.yoursite.com/admin/pages/user-dashboard

Hover over the welcome widget, you'll see a gear icon, click on it, change the value in the pop up window.

hdfg sdf
hdfg sdf Aug 12
Wink’s extensive feature set is complemented by its robust customer support and frequent updates, which enhance the app’s usability and reliability. The company behind Wink is dedicated to providing responsive customer service, offering various channels for users to seek help, including live chat, email support Wink Mod Apk For PC, and a detailed FAQ section. This commitment to customer service ensures that users can resolve issues swiftly and receive assistance tailored to their specific needs.