We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Looking for a developer to create a custom contact page | Forum

max
max Jun 6 '16
Hello, I'm looking for an oxwall developer to create a custom contact page, please leave your contact details, skype, email.
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '16
I am currently working on a new contact form plugin, if that will suffice then please wait i should have it done in a week as i am doing other things as well.   
max
max Jun 7 '16
Thanks dave,

No worries, Can wait.

If one can add custom fields in the contact form, that would be great and that the exact requirement for our website.
dave Leader
dave Jun 7 '16
what fields do you need ?
max
max Jun 7 '16
Don't you think, it would be better if we can put the fields names anything like "ZXY" or "1234ABC" or "Other test"

But I need following fields
Name:
Project Title:
Project Short Details:
Project Long Description:
Contact Details:
Social Media Links:
dave Leader
dave Jun 7 '16
I may have to do a special edit to if for that.  That is actually much more than i had planned to do with it.  I pretty much just wanted to have something available that would be better than the out of the box one.  

Yes this may be a special project, it would require a db table where the standard one does not.  Unless you wanted to keep the same fields all the time and then it can be done without a db table. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 7 '16
max
max Jun 7 '16
Okay, You can go for as much you can do, leave an option for future improvement.

Also, as of now you can keep it simple, the plugin can be configured as it would send the content of form to admin email or any other specified email address.
dave Leader
dave Jun 7 '16
remember that some hosts are blocking that now on shared hosting. Some say that you must use the from address and to address of the domain email for contact forms. This is there way to fight against spam.  My plan is the add the reply too attribute in the plugin so that you know who you got the email from, but you may have to check the header of the email to get that info. It depends on your mail client and what fields they show on the email page. 
The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 7 '16
max
max Jun 7 '16
Okay, Sounds good to me.