We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

add new link in photo widget problem when no photos on site | Forum

Johnny Jarrell
Johnny Jarrell Jun 26 '12
If my site has no photos uploaded and I click on the Add New link in the photos widget on the Main page, nothing happens. However, if I right click on it and select open in new tab it will work. The Add New link will work normally if I upload at least one photo to the site. The Add New link for the video in the video widget works correctly even if no videos have been uploaded to the site. Any suggestions?
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 1 '12
Can you check your website using Firebug extensions for Firefox? If you don't find any errors, share your site URL and we will check into the error.
Johnny Jarrell
Johnny Jarrell Jul 2 '12
I did a fresh install of oxwall 1.4 from softaculous to a new subdomain and the same issues resulted as above. I see nothing wrong with the code generated by firebug...but the left click will not open up the photo upload page...but a right click and open in new tab will. Tried firefox, ie and even an android device...and all the same results. Once a photo is uploaded...the add new photo link in the widget works just fine.

<div class="ow_nocontent">

No photo, <a href="http://www.mysite.com/oxwall/photo/upload/index/">Add new</a>

</div>

The Forum post is edited by Johnny Jarrell Jul 2 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 6 '12
Hi Johnny. I just uploaded a photo to your website. Everything seems to be working just fine.