We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

security protection for oxwall? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joseph
Joseph Jun 28 '12
the reason i am posting this here is it is happening on an oxwall site and google search has returned really nothing that addresses my problem

I have an ip that is doing something known as click bombing which basically clicks and accesses the site a lot and ad links which can cause my network and adsense shut down pretty much it could kill my entire network I have been building for 3 years so I have blocked the ip but it gets around the block I also had my server admin block it from within the server it should not be able to hit any site on the server including mine so my question is how can I block this ip? and is there something oxwall could come up with to help our sites in security?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I do not think there will be way to track the guest visitors.
Joseph
Joseph Jun 29 '12
this bothers me as all my work is now jeopardized by some punk who wants to send click bots through my site and since they never seem to refresh too often its hard to say who the bot is
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Jun 29 '12
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I could understand your problem.
Alex Vandas
Alex Vandas Jul 25
When it comes to using this site safely, there is something I can advise you. If you are an iOS user, there is a very handy option for safari incognito mode I think you should try it, it works great and hides a lot of unwanted content including phishing links and spam. I think it will make using the internet more comfortable.