We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cloudflare outage | Forum

IntrigU
IntrigU Jul 3 '16
Is anyone else experiencing an outage with cloudflare on their site? All sites I manage that are on cloudflare are not accessible. 

Noticed that oxwall.com was down yesterday too. Same reason?

dave Leader
dave Jul 4 '16
no its up and running
IntrigU
IntrigU Jul 4 '16
It's really weird but I managed to narrow the issue down to this: https://community.shaw.ca/thread/18440

In other words,certain wi-fi adapters won't work with cloudflare with their default settings. Funny thing is - disabling cloudflare resulted in higher conversion rate. I wonder if this is attributed to the subset of users with this specific adapter.

dave Leader
dave Jul 4 '16
I recently has a similar issue, and was driving me nuts because sometimes sites would work fine and then others i could not get anything.  Then i read an article that said that somewhere between 5-7 years modems and routers can be flakey and work intermitently.

That made alot of sense to me and answered alot of my questions about my downloads and uploads as well.  So i bought a new one.  WOW what a difference, everything was just speedy gonzales again... And no more dropped sites.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 4 '16