We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mobile Menu Items | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ryan P
Ryan P Jul 6 '16
I'm currently using the Simplicity theme & noticed that on the mobile version there are items missing from the mobile menu that are included in the desktop version i.e blogs, custom pages, etc.

When I go to the mobile -> menus in the admin dashboard and add new page-> External URL & add the URL of the page, I get "this page can not be opened in mobile version" on my mobile browser. Is there any way to display this content on mobile? Do I have to find a responsive theme?
I'm fairly satisfied with the layout and design I have currently with simplicity, but open to suggestions
dave Leader
dave Jul 6 '16
I dont know Ryan i dont own a mobile device sorry..  but ross or one of the other volunteers may be able to assist you ")
Steve
Steve Jul 6 '16
@Ryan

On my site for some reason the mobile app does not work but I find since I am using the Facebook go theme it looks really nice on a mobile device in desktop mode and everything is there.

Ryan P
Ryan P Jul 6 '16
Thanks Dave & Steve, my last resort was to switch to desktop mode. However, the simplicity theme is not responsive in desktop mode. Must scroll left to right, up down etc and images aren't compressed. But at least all of the content is available. Thanks again guys!
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '16
Ryan, there are some plugins which have not been supported on mobile version yet. Right now, in order to display all desktop stuff on mobile devices you will need to use a responsive theme from the store.