We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

final words | Forum

Tammy
Tammy Jul 6 '16
A lot of you know i am winding my oxwall powered sites up
and have already deleted the oxwall helper site
i know a lot of you were a bit upset about that and was touching to me your messages on im the only one here that gives you the time of day and only one that actually helps you in any way

2 years ago i came to the conclusion along with a lot of oxwall users and developers that oxwall is being mismanaged so badly that theres no future here

there has been a suggestions on putting a bandage on that does nothing to invoke confidence in oxwall users or developers
suspend developers like paru hahahahha really
you need to find out why he has left and take steps to win him back not suspend him and hope that will frighten him into come back

people in this forum need to be encouraged to speak up and be allowed to go a bit of tangent
information is gold the more you have the better solutions will be found
its called a thinktank and if any of you have seen some other forums or thriving script you will see the encouragement on speaking up and have your say and not being shut down and stone walled

now to the important stuff
everyone feel free to comment on this and put your 2 cents worth in and just say what you feel no matter what it is
your comments may seam stupid to people like dave that just dont have a clue on what they are doing but to others it may give them a hint and spark a really great idea

first you need to work out what has been done to users and developers and take measures to not make the same mistakes again and fix the problems

lets look at users first

damage

- scammers in the store that oxwall has known about for years and done nothing about
- lots of bugs and problems not being fixed
- its to hard to report bugs
- no clear and concise docs on known bugs and development roadmap
- way to many plugins in the store that should be part of the core
- the price of some plugins is ridiculous
- every update crashes your site to death, lets just look at 2 updates
     1.8   crashed everyone's sql server and got everyone's sites shut down and hosting accounts suspended
the users that had backups and could revert back a version or 2 survived this but the rest were just hung out to dry till the next update
      1.8.1  license checking reverted everyone's sites that managed to ride the last stuff up back to original theme every day

solutions
-  remove the known scammers
- come up with a plan to make it easier for people to report bugs
- make a known bug tracker and better road maps
- add the features to the core
- if all the problems here are fixed developers would be making better money and it would be easy to encourage them to lower there prices
- come up with a plan on how to minimize damage done to oxwall powered sites and make updates a none hair pulling exercise
make a damage control plan so like when 1.8 crashed bad steps could of been taken to minimize the damage like a patch released to get everyone back online and not just leave them crashed while you dodge the problem and work on adding the new feature license checking

developers

damage
- no clear and concise documents on how oxwall works
- theres no help or support in any way on any questions they have on how things work
- i am shore more developers can add to this list

solutions
- make proper documentation
- the above would lower the amount of questions being asked

thats me im done
i really do wish and hope for all of you oxwall can pulls it socks up and have a honest dig and trying to turn things around
the constant mismanagement has made it an almost impossible task
but its not out of reach with a lot of hard work

Tammy
Tammy Jul 6 '16
ps i know a lot of you have told me your so downtrodden and have give up on posting or even commenting on things here
but now is the time for you to rise up and not only come up with some ideas but to help with the solutions
if you are good with words and know how oxwall functions put your hand up and offer the add what you can to the documentation
be it the user side or developers side

every little bit of help no matter how small it is will make inroads into the big picture

developers get together and offer a little of your time to fix core problems and issues

make a core code fixing forum and encourage people to post there core fixes for others to test and maybe add to the fix
then add the fixes to the core
i know theres is heaps of people here that have fixed so many things on there sites

the whole community needs to come together and help
oxwall can not do this by them selfs
The Forum post is edited by Tammy Jul 6 '16
dave Leader
dave Jul 7 '16
First regardless of your personal attacks on me for what reason i have no clue, i just told you the way it was is all and of course you went off the deep end yet again.  But i guess if someone does not agree with you then they become your enemy. Thats fine if you decide to hate then that is just how it is. The military taught me well how to disconnect easily and focus on the mission at hand. 

Again i remind you it is not my job to do any of what i am doing, i do it because i believe in the community and the product and i like to help people when i can.  And if that means that if some get flustered because of it,  well, change is not easy for anyone including me but without healthy change then we just get forgotten. 

But noone asked you to leave oxwall or this community, that choice is totally yours and if that is the choice you make, then thats on you.  All we ever asked you to do from the beginning is to not be so hateful and hostile to others.  

That is all ross ever ask of you, that is all den ever ask of you, and that is all i ever ask of you.  You had a long history here of hostile posts and attitude when i arrived here and many were sick of it then. One day i hope you learn the difference between negative hostility and positive problem solving discussions.  

When you bring your anger into conversations it shows and it not only causes you to lose focus on the task but the emotions can make you seem weak when you need to be strong.  It also frustrates others who have to read it knowing it will be a dramafest.  So instead of lashing out go away and come back later to the conversation.

Also you do realize that the team does not get paid. I just found that out myself. I always thought that non profits always paid their employees they just didnt make a profit afterwards. But i guess Oxwall team members do this out of love for Oxwall and not payment.  All the develpers and everyone i guess gets no money for what they do. That fact in itself answers alot of questions im sure we all had or have.  So that is all we ever ask of you is to not be hateful or ugly to others and if you have a problem then address it one problem at a time and do it professionally. 

I guess den also asked you if you were not sure of the answer then say so, dont tell somone the wrong information if you dont know say so, if your guessing then say so. 

As to your suggestions i will have to make a new post for that.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 7 '16
Tammy
Tammy Jul 7 '16
dave im the happiest person in the world
but even the most happiest person in the world will turn angry and bitter
if they were told yes oxwall can do this and that easy
then spend heaps of hard earned money and countless hours on the thing
only to find out that it can not do 2% of what you was told
sold so many team members plugins that just do not work
and after 4 years not one thing has changed in any way shape or form

i got so bitter at ross because i got so sick to death of see him lie after lie to people here
and by the way ross has told me before he gets payed

and dave i got so sick of you on anything i say no matter what it was about
you stone walled me on everything

take a few minutes and sit back and read over our im messages and look at them from a 3rd party prospective and you will see what i am talking about

if you thought what i was saying was bullshit then get off your ass and prove its bullshit
not carry on like a school girl

you have already find out one thing i have been complane about is true
if you got off your ass and looked you will find out the rest it true as well
and we could of worked together at find solutions
but nooo   if i said the sky is blue
you would come out with an outrages thing saying its not blue and the sky will never be blue
or the js crash problem on have 1200 friends
your answer no one needs that amount of friends WTF
or like my suggestion to check for code and oxwall standards

instead of carry on like  fruit loop
you could of said we are only volunteering to do this and that would take to much time

i then could of suggested then only make it to test them things if a customer complanes about it

The Forum post is edited by Tammy Jul 7 '16
Tammy
Tammy Jul 7 '16
one last thing dave in a few months come back to this post and you will see no one volunteering to help on anything you may get one or 2 dev comment something but in the end not really get off there asses and help

you needed me to pull this all together
im the only one here that members and dev trust
i already skype love oxwall and few others about doing some radical things here
and had few answers back
but yesterday i message them all that i have lost my last hope and have throw in the towel

bye everyone happy oxwalling lol
dave Leader
dave Jul 7 '16
"your answer no one needs that amount of friends WTF"   that was a joke and if you remember it had a lol after it..  but its true no one needs that many friends, time to clean house. 

You consider it stone walling  while i consider it a different point of view. And no the sky is not blue its actually a mixure of red and blue but the red is obsorbed more than the blue is. 

The main reason you cant move foward is because your still fighting the past.  That anger is keeping you trapped in a bubble of hate that you cant get over. 

Did you know that i dont recall ever having a single update mess my site up at all, not even in the slightest other than maybe a tiny bug or two that were quickly fixed. 

Sometimes it just appears that you have issue after issue when not alot of people do. 

dave Leader
dave Jul 7 '16
bye and hope you find whatever it is that your looking for.. 
dave Leader
dave Jul 7 '16
by the way it would be nice if you would offer to delete the not so nice (ugly) messages in my store. If not ill just have ross delete them anyway, they are innopropriate and unprofessional. 
Tammy
Tammy Jul 7 '16
dave go back in the forums and look the bit you was not here
and see post after post my hosting suspended my account
my sql server is crashed
my site keeps revert back to origin theme
not my posts

i stayed with 1.8 and just hardened my server up to handle it
i dodged the crap on 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 and skipped to 1.8.3
Tammy
Tammy Jul 7 '16
i deleted my account so they and all my stuff should of been removed i then re joined just to say my last peace here
dave Leader
dave Jul 7 '16
no because it was under your other account which has not been deleted. 

Now do you want me to address your suggestions or not?

Tammy
Tammy Jul 7 '16
cant do anything about them you have locked them
Tammy
Tammy Jul 7 '16
and there only 30% of the suggestions that i have but i just could not waste my time with the stupid token thing here
dave Leader
dave Jul 7 '16
unlocked 
dave Leader
dave Jul 7 '16
ok thanks, i will address what you suggested item by item if you like 
Tammy
Tammy Jul 7 '16
No dave im over it all of it and your last answer on its just my problems thats the kind of bullshit answer im talking about 

You pluck shit out of the air n say whats ever with out one shread of proof 

Tammy
Tammy Jul 7 '16
Thats what i have been try get through ur thick head lol

You need facts and information

With out it you just make more crap

dave Leader
dave Jul 7 '16
Fact - how many people do we have posting about serious issues like yours on the board?

Answer: 2 you and marcus (maybe 3 if you count what SD suggested the other day)

Fact - quote i said " Sometimes it just appears that you have issue after issue when not alot of people do"

Answer: I said it appears that way which it does. 

Fact - if you were on my website saying some of the hatefull things you have said to people you would have been banned and your store closed a long time ago.

Fact - i do agree with you on some things. But you have to understand how things work around here. You have to work within the parameters of "how the wheels turn" and they dont turn by yelling and tossing a hissy fit over and over again.  They also dont turn by you saying oxwall sucks every other word or confusing the heck out of people with your out of focus tangents.   

dave Leader
dave Jul 7 '16
Now if you want to change things then listen to me. If you are going to present items to a developer for a change it needs to be logical, clear, and documented.  Developers dont care about how many times you got lied to or how many times someone did this or did that. 

1. They want screenshots.

2. The issue (and why its an issue) meaning how does it effect the users. In as few words as possible.

3. A suggestion for remedy if you have one, if not its not required. 

If you present developers with focused data like that you will be surprised how fast some things get done.  And to do this you do not need to be a programmer.

Tammy
Tammy Jul 7 '16
Every issue i have already show screen shots from my main site from my test site with default plugins and from the demo site 
And nothing has been done 
So wheres the surprize there 
Pages: 1 2 3 »
This topic is locked