We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook-Connect empty "login?backuri=" | Forum

Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Jul 1 '12
I had the facebook-connect working until I upgraded to the new OW version. Now it lets users log in but it never redirects them back to the page. It just shows a white page and has (www.mysite.com/facebook-connect/login?backUri=) in the URL. I tested it on FF, IE, and Chrome and they all do the same thing.

I tried reinstalling the plugin and tried using a rebuilding the facebook API but no luck. Can I add and automatic uri redirect in the JS page for the plugin? Is their a way to fix this?

thanks,

Justin

Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Jul 3 '12
I can't seem to get a response from anyone in here on this issue or in the facebook connect plugin thread. Any ideas guys? It seems as though the plugin is not able to recalled the url it came from before FB log in initiated....
Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Jul 3 '12
Quote from Justin Holmes I can't seem to get a response from anyone in here on this issue or in the facebook connect plugin thread. Any ideas guys? It seems as though the plugin is not able to recalled the url it came from before FB log in initiated....

For testing purpose in case you want to see the issue, log in @ http://dustoffthebible.com
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 6 '12
There were some changes in Facebook API recently. Check into the app settings on Facebook and I will update the manual soon.
Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Jul 6 '12
those changes do not affect my setup.  i put my site in debug mode and it works fine in debug. plus it appears that its happening with google and twit. so its not the API. 
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 9 '12
Quick question - do you have Share plugin enabled on your website?
Derek
Derek Aug 31 '12
Same thing happening to me, any idea why it works in debug mode but not in normal mode?
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 5 '12
Derek, and what about you - do you have Share plugin installed? If no, share your site URL and PM me your FTP, Cpanel/phpMyAdmin and Admin Panel access details.
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 5 '12
Oh, and if Share plugin is installed, try disabling it.
Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Feb 7 '13
Quote from Michael I. Oh, and if Share plugin is installed, try disabling it.

I don't have share plugin....and the issue still persists... :(
Santosh
Santosh Jan 12 '14
I am too facing the same problem, please help...
my site is http://www.oyefriends.com
Alia Team
Alia Jan 13 '14
Santosh,

1. Have you updated to 1.6? Did you update FB connect plugin to 1.6 as well?
2. Can you enable DEBUG mode in config.php and try to log in using FB connect again?
Any errors?
3. Does this happen only to your user? If you have second FB connect, try loging in using this account.

Alex
Alex Jun 20 '14
I have a similar problem. I turned Dev and Debug mode on to see if I would get an error but nothing. I even turned the FB Connect off. I'm trying to turn on so the guest users could view the website but it wont let me. Directs them to the login page for that link.
ross Team
ross Jun 23 '14
1. Have you updated to 1.6? Did you update FB connect plugin to 1.6 as well? 
2. Can you enable DEBUG mode in config.php and try to log in using FB connect again?
Any errors?
3. Does this happen only to your user? If you have second FB connect, try loging in using this account. 
tatitac
tatitac Jan 2
밤의민족 shines as a reliable guide to South Korea's nightlife. It's a valuable resource for locals and tourists.