We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email instead of login (change in UTIL_Validator) | Forum

Konrad
Konrad Jul 3 '12
Hello,

UTIL_Validator::isUserNameValid method checks the username against the regexp USER_NAME_PATTERN which does not allow neither the "@" sign nor the dot. I would like to have emails instead of logins on my Oxwall site and therefore I need to enable those caracters.

Any side-effects I should be aware about? I don't want to break everything just by having illegal caracteres in the username...

Many thanks,
KeyPi
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Oxwall allows the members to login either by username or by their email address.

Can you make your question clear?
Konrad
Konrad Jul 3 '12
I'll try to be more specific:

On the "join" page, the want-to-be-user needs to fill in both the email and the username. Because, as you said, after the registration, user can use either the email or the username, I would like to avoid the username field altogether (and use email everywhere: on the join page and the login page).

What I planned to do is to:
1. Hide the "username" field on the "join" page
2. Add a bit of javascript that copies the email to the username field (so that the form submits correctly)
3. Change the language strings so that the site stays coherent (avoiding mentionning "username")

I cannot do this, because I cannot use an email address in the "username" field (for the reasons I mentionned). The workaround is to change UTIL_Validator, but I am afraid of any side-effects.

I hope this is clear. Many thanks in advance.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Instead of UTIL_Validator, you can edit to use the EmailValidator. Please do make a search on this class.
Konrad
Konrad Jul 5 '12
OK. I can certainly do that. Thanks for the hint.

What you mean also, is that when I start to store an email adress in the login form, the site will not explode? :+)

KeyPi.
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Feb 7
An intriguing discussion might be priced at comment. I do believe you should write much more about this topic, it will not be considered a taboo subject but usually people are there are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers freistehend holzpool
SEO HOME PAGE SERVICE
Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles . Sugar Defender Drops
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Feb 29
Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. Neotonics review
SEO HOME PAGE SERVICE
Nice idea dude. May I know these tweets and so I may adhere to one ? Numerous thanks Plus my best prayers to the people close by Tokyo hopefully your are well along with comfortable 69vn
SEO HOME PAGE SERVICE
I want many of the reviews, Choose truly loved, We would like addiitional info over it, since it is actually fairly superb., Relation simply for saying. fat vacuum
SEO HOME PAGE SERVICE
Swiftly this amazing site may well irrefutably turn out to be well-known between almost all writing a blog men and women, as a result of thorough content and even assessments. driveway cleaning dundee
SEO HOME PAGE SERVICE
While i acquired on your web log however adding awareness just a bit touch submits. Nice technique for potential, We are book-marking during a period find versions conclude spgs way up. 79sodo.wiki
SEO HOME PAGE SERVICE
Very useful info. Hope to see more posts soon!. rút tiền AE888
SEO HOME PAGE SERVICE
Thanks for your submission. Another item is that just being a photographer includes not only problems in catching award-winning photographs but in addition hardships in establishing the best video camera suited to your needs and most especially struggles in maintaining the quality of your camera. This can be very true and obvious for those photography enthusiasts that are directly into capturing the nature’s eye-catching scenes : the mountains, the actual forests, the actual wild or even the seas. Going to these amazing places surely requires a digicam that can surpass the wild’s hard conditions. mp4moviez
SEO HOME PAGE SERVICE
I’m impressed, I must say. Actually rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and without a doubt, you could have hit the nail about the head. Your thought is outstanding; ab muscles an element that insufficient everyone is speaking intelligently about. My business is happy which i came across this during my hunt for something about it. Bắn cá W9BET
SEO HOME PAGE SERVICE
After study many of the blog posts in your website now, and i really appreciate your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and will also be checking back soon. Pls look into my site likewise and figure out what you believe. https://f8bet.website/
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Mar 28
That is the reason consentrate on you will need to unique placement of feet some time before authoring. Will likely be doable to help far more suitable writing in this fashion. melbet promo code india
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Apr 21
You can find dissertation web pages over the internet just like you receive ostensibly spotted while in the web-site. SaveMoney