We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

My facebook connect as stopped working | Forum

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 3 '12
my facebook connect as stop working. but I have checked and re checked all the set up and everything is just fine, it only seem to stop wprking around about when I uploaded google connect could this interfere with the facebook connect app?
Soloplayer Designs
Soloplayer Designs Jul 3 '12
have you tried to re-create the app for your fb connect?
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 3 '12
well I reset it
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 3 '12
I just started from scratch and it is still not working?
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 3 '12
I have just been on your website and tried your facebook connect and yours is not working either?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Recently FB made mandatory that the app should have Privacy Policy URL added to the App settings. Without this, it's a policy violation and the app will not work.

Stan: Can you try to add your privacy statement link from your oxwall site (hope you have it) and add that to the App settings in FB.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 4 '12
what privacy statement? the I had made for my website? and if so where do I need to place it as I cannot see where it is suppose to go?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
FB requires some links to present in the privacy statement field in the App setting.

Go to the settings of your FB app that you created. you will see some privacy URL field. I can not take the screenshot as FB is blocked here at my work place.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 4 '12
I have done all that and it as set up an app on facebook, but still facebook connect and the contact importer are still not working?
Mary Phillips
Mary Phillips Jul 5 '12
Mine is also not working.
Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Jul 5 '12
Is it not working at all? or some other issue. Mine stopped as well but it was working some. It logged people in and then sent them to a blank page rather than redirecting them. I still have got it fixed. I have it in debug mode and it works so I am running like this until its up. 3/4 of my members use FB log in, so i HAVE to have it working.
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 6 '12
We will check into the issue and give you a solution soon.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 8 '12
I found out why mine stopped working, It was an Oxwall Plugin that I purchased from the Oxwall Store that was interfering with the Facebook connect and my Facebook contact importer, so I took it off and they started to work again!
Mary Phillips
Mary Phillips Jul 8 '12
Hi Stan - what plugin would that be? Mine stopped working when I updated everything including the plugins.
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 9 '12
Stan informed me that he had Share plugin enabled on his website. FBConnect started working when that plugin had been deleted.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
All,

My "Social Share" plugin has some issues as its using the same fb-root tag. As the "Facebook Connect" also uses this root tag, there is a conflit.

I am trying to find a fix on this. Please disable my plugin untill there is a fix.
Rakesh
Rakesh Jul 9 '12
Did anyone try LoginRadius for social authentication? One can connect not only FB but also Google, twitter, Linkedin etc.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Rakesh,

I believe LoginRadius puts its link in the login page, which I personally don't like.