We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files. | Forum

sezar
sezar Jul 4 '12
i installed oxwall but when i notcied that there some plugins need to upgrade i clicked on update and it showed me page with ftp login i put my info but it didn't work out it says..
Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files.
someone help me please
Hati Narcatis
Hati Narcatis Jul 5 '12
Thats the most annoying thing on OxWall...

Try to use your website name (domain name) instead of "localhost".
If you use IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time, type in your IPv4 address instead.

User and password are provided by your hoster or your server admin.
Make sure your server supports plain FTP. FTPS and SFTP won't work.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The most asked question in Oxwall. but no answers still :(
brindy
brindy Jul 6 '12
I'm having this problem too.  I've just tested it and I can ftp to my server with the given credentials and can write/overwrite files, so there should be no problem!

Tbh, I don't understand why FTP is even part of this process.  Wordpress is a good example of how to do plugin updates: So long as the web server user has permission to write to the appropriate directories, it downloads and installs updates and plugins in the background.  Wordpress only falls back to FTP if it can't do that.

The other thing is that I don't normally run an FTP server as they are generally considered insecure (though I am using VSFTP in this case).  So it's a pain to do updates as I have to manually start the ftp server each time.

Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 6 '12
Can someone send me FTP details to their server via PM? I would also need phpMyaAdmin and Admin Area access details. Please leave a link to this topic in the PM. Thank you.
brindy
brindy Jul 6 '12
Mine started working (I think because I set the chroot_user_local flag to yes in the vsftp.conf) - but the updates seem to take a long time.  Eventually it gets there though.  Thanks anyway.