We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I don't seem to create a sitemap? (SOLVED) | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Jul 27 '16
https://cimmarian.com/sitemap.xml

How long does this take? I have it currently on Daily.

I have added  Sitemap: https://cimmarian.com/sitemap.xml

Added to my robot.txt

Could there be something missing?

The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Jul 28 '16
dave Leader
dave Jul 27 '16
hi, it appears to be connected to cron, so please be patient and give it some time for the cron to do its job.  If you see nothing in 12 hours let us know please.  That does not mean it takes 12 hours, that means that it just gives it enough time to do what it will do being as i do not know what the process is yet.  
Kenneth
Kenneth Jul 27 '16

Quote from dave hi, it appears to be connected to cron, so please be patient and give it some time for the cron to do its job.  If you see nothing in 12 hours let us know please.  That does not mean it takes 12 hours, that means that it just gives it enough time to do what it will do being as i do not know what the process is yet.  
It is alright, anything new takes time. Not complaining just know somtimes bluehost likes to play games with new oxwall releases. Ross always does a good job working with me to find it if it is on bluehost server etc. If anyone forum staff want screen shots of my robot and .htaccess let me know :)
ross Team
ross Jul 28 '16
Kenneth, please show us you .htaccess file content and provide us screenshot of your software root folder
Kenneth
Kenneth Jul 28 '16

Quote from ross Kenneth, please show us you .htaccess file content and provide us screenshot of your software root folder

Let me know if you need anything else. Sorry if the folder picture is not what you wanted I was assuming software root was the public_html folder.

ross Team
ross Jul 28 '16
yes, that's correct folder, but I need to see what's under .htaccess file

yes, look at your .htaccess file, you added a rewrite condition for sitemap.xml file. remove it. 

then wait for the cron to run in order to generate internal sitemap file

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 28 '16
Kenneth
Kenneth Jul 28 '16

Quote from ross yes, that's correct folder, but I need to see what's under .htaccess file

yes, look at your .htaccess file, you added a rewrite condition for sitemap.xml file. remove it. 

There are ALOT of backup files etc, So it would need quite a lot of screen shots. Is there a certain file you want to see screen shot? BlueHost does the auto back ups in this folder and copies every file for 2 weeks length of time so sadly there are plenty of .backup files etc.

The line I have now deleted from the .htaccess is RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/sitemap\.xml

ross Team
ross Jul 28 '16
ok, just remove that line RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/sitemap\.xml

wait for the cron to run, the sitemap should appear soon depending on the size of your content

Ryan P
Ryan P Jul 28 '16
Ross,
Is it possible to bypass the sitemap function in SEO on 1.8.4? I want to use the sitemap I had assigned before with a change frequency of always, but it seems to have been overwritten. Can I disable the current sitemap?
Thanks
dave Leader
dave Jul 28 '16
Ryan, please make your own topic so ross can handle them independently, thanks. 
Kenneth
Kenneth Jul 28 '16

Quote from ross ok, just remove that line RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/sitemap\.xml

wait for the cron to run, the sitemap should appear soon depending on the size of your content

I believe it is now working, If you could take a peek at https://cimmarian.com/sitemap.xml

Confirm this is how it should look and I will mark topic solved.

As always sorry for taking up your time Ross and thanks a bunch for the help.

ross Team
ross Jul 28 '16
Yes, now everything is ok. 

I already replied in PM to Ryan, that this is not possible as SEO is core feature, it is not possible to disable it. 

Kenneth
Kenneth Jul 28 '16

Quote from ross Yes, now everything is ok. 

I already replied in PM to Ryan, that this is not possible as SEO is core feature, it is not possible to disable it. 

As always thanks a bunch I will now mark this solved. Sorry for any inconveniences.
JoshWho
JoshWho Jul 29 '16
Is there a way to manually trigger a sitemap update?
IntrigU
IntrigU Jul 30 '16

Hi guys, 

Upgraded to 1.8.4 more than 48 hours ago, however sitemap is not being generated. There is no sitemap.xml in the site root. And here is the cron error log:

[30-Jul-2016 20:38:02] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in ow_system_plugins/base/bol/seo_service.php on line 301

The Forum post is edited by IntrigU Jul 30 '16
dave Leader
dave Jul 30 '16
it means your 72 bytes short of the memory requested.  Just increase your memory if you can in php.ini or .htaccess

your at 64MB now so try 

in php ini file try   memory_limit = 80MB
in htaccess try  php_value_memory_limit 80MB
some hosts do not allow you to change the htaccess using php_value so if you get an error after adding it just remove it and do it in your php ini file. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 30 '16