We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Test install linked to domain, now broken[Solved] | Forum

Ralph Weber
Ralph Weber Jul 28 '16
Hi,

So I had my test install running properly on my server under /var/www/oxwall. The site is ready and working as it should.

I registered a domain, and replaced OW_URL_HOME in /ow_includes/config.php with the correct domain name. For good measure, I also switched on DEV mode to clear caches.

My Apache is pointing at the correct DocumentRoot (unchanged, which is still /var/www/oxwall), Now, when I try to access my site under its domain, it loads properly, but only the first page. Whatever I click afterwards lands me at a server error message saying:

'The requested URL /oxwall/admin/users' was not found on this server.'

Also, it spits out a *ton* of chmod(): Operation not permitted errors on top op de page.

Any idea what that could be? To me, it looks like it's still referring to the subdirectory /oxwall, which it shouldn't anymore. What did I miss?

The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 14 '16
Ralph Weber
Ralph Weber Jul 28 '16
Nevermind, fixed it. Of course it was my fault. ;) I forgot to put the right Directives into Apache. For the record, these here work for me, just use your own details:

DocumentRoot /<path to>/oxwall/ServerName <www.somethingsomethingsomethingdarkside.com>;

ServerAlias <somethingsomethingsomethingdarkside.com>

ServerAdmin <admin@somethingsomethingsomethingdarkside.com>

<Directory /<path to>/oxwall/>

Options FollowSymLinksAllowOverride AllOrder

allow,deny

allow from all

</Directory>

ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

LogLevel warn

CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

The Forum post is edited by Ralph Weber Jul 29 '16
dave Leader
dave Jul 28 '16
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for sharing to help others :)
Ralph Weber
Ralph Weber Jul 29 '16
Gah, maybe it helps someone find some sleep further down the road ;)
ross Team
ross Aug 14 '16