We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1.8.4 Once again it is disappointing not done anything | Forum

kathy godde
kathy godde Jul 29 '16

I just setting a 1.8.4 update.

I have done better once more to break a leg

But I trusted has softaculus, just two clicks and in general it works well.

Well for once no, I've done a backup before, and installation is done very well with softaculus but when finding the site 500 error

until then it is business as usual so I spend so in debug e fashion here is the result. (see attachment)

recess I try to get back to my backup, but the problem is the same, even a planted site Houpla Houpla, to believe that in some fun

while at work

What is the solution

Attachments:
  www.miss terre rieuses.fr oxwall .png (46Kb)
dave Leader
dave Jul 29 '16
Kathy, look in the themes folder for your theme and look in the master pages folder. There should be a html_document.html file in there.  It is in the default themes like simplicity.  

If you have a custom theme then try to copy that file over to your custom theme folder in the master pages folder and see if it works.  That is all i can think of.. or contact your theme developer and tell them the issue.  You are missing that file is the issue. 

kathy godde
kathy godde Jul 30 '16

problem solved.

it had nothing to do with the themes, despite the messages of debug mode.

it was necessary to update the database of plugins but impossible to access the site !! 

I managed to do it in dev mode.

then the site has again worked

I have another site update I fear the worst

dave Leader
dave Jul 30 '16
hi kathy,  the best thing you can do is get away from softaculous, install the manual version and you will have a much better and more firm installation.  

Glad you got it sorted .  Bon travail :)    nice job

kathy godde
kathy godde Jul 31 '16

for the 1st site that is ok

But a problem with the second

the session is not a problem to finish the update plugins or themes of that I enter the ftp information website said that the token is invalid

if I sign out impossible to reconnect (invalid password).

kathy godde
kathy godde Jul 31 '16
excuse me for my english it's a a problem from session

dave Leader
dave Jul 31 '16
Yes kathy the picture does help, im sure ross will see this soon and he may be able to assist.  ;)
kathy godde
kathy godde Jul 31 '16
if it helps, apparently unable to write the session
kathy godde
kathy godde Aug 1 '16

good I give up, I remain in 1.8.3 when 1.8.4 will be really ready to install it we'll see.

it becomes a gas plant that thing, perhaps he should spend something else has every attempt to update session problem at line 65 in session.php

and obviously, there are a lot of more or less different problems

Use the mass mailing when it will be developed

Attachments:
  www.club libertin hot.fr hot .png (20Kb)
dave Leader
dave Aug 1 '16
I am so sorry kathy that you did not get a reply from the team, mondays are very hectic as there are lots of weekend posts to go through.  Hang in there please, i will make sure someone sees this when they get here today ok... again sorry i know its hard when your site has issues.  :)
kathy godde
kathy godde Aug 3 '16
yes, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays .....
dave Leader
dave Aug 4 '16
very sorry kathy, i have notified them and they should reply soon, so very sorry you had to wait.. 
Aliya Team
Aliya Aug 4 '16
Dear kathy godde,

You are the first and only person so far with such report. The error itself is not telling much.

Could you please PM me details to your and server and I will pass them over to our dev. team for troubleshooting.
kathy godde
kathy godde Aug 7 '16

I end up doing this update by entering these two lines in the file index.php

ini_set ( 'session.save_handler' 'files');

ini_set ( 'session.save_path', '');

Once completed, I was able to update, plugins and themes.

Obviously it would be very nice if there were not the plugin location_maps.

I uninstalled and re installation, but nothing to do

here is the error as an attachment

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 7 '16
I found that the location maps plugin will not work after the recent update of the plugin without the API key. Look at the store forum.

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/436
ross Team
ross Aug 15 '16
Kathy, 

the update has not been successfully completed, you need to restore your backup and try to update again. 

kathy godde
kathy godde Aug 15 '16

this is good, there was a problem in the ow_plugin database, I could not write to it.

I deleted that table and I rebuilt it is no problem.

thank you dave