We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

no images showing after update | Forum

Yo
Yo Aug 5 '16

Hi, no images are showing across site after trying to update to latest version something went wrong ...

i cannot see any user avatar ... users uploaded images ... no logo ... nothing that its and image...

in cPanel i compressed the whole site and saved it ... same i did for my database ... in case something goes wrong ...

the thing is that even after i re-upload the new compressed files (working site ) ....i still have no images .... if i look in ow_userfiles\plugins\photo  photos are here ... same for avatars ow_userfiles\plugins\base\avatars... but nothing showing on live site..

thanks

dave Leader
dave Aug 5 '16
what version of php do you have (check using phpinfo) ?

did you update your site while it was compressed?

what does debug mode say, anything, or anything in your error logs (ow_log) folder if there is a bunch of stuff in there you just want the latest, not last months stuff. 

Have you cleared your cache?

Did the update say it finished?

I do not recommend site compression, but thats just me, to me its just another gimmic to break your site. Yes i know there are reasons for it and sometimes there are benefits but overall my experience is that it just causes issues. 

ross Team
ross Aug 14 '16