We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Pity favicon | Forum

Alexandr
Alexandr Aug 12 '16

Hello.

A little problem in 1.8.4 happens. The favicon pic. cannot be uploaded from admin panel.

Regards,

Sasha

The Forum post is edited by Alexandr Aug 12 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 12 '16
I just tested the favicon upload, and it worked fine. I've attached the image that I used for testing, if you won't to try it. I just found an image, downloaded it, Converted it from a png to an ico file here

http://icoconvert.com/

Then uploaded it. I do have this code in the head section of my page settings. Some say all you need is to have the favicon in the root of you directory. There are posts related to the favicon.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href=yoursite.com/oxwall/ow_userfiles/plugins/base/favicon.ico">
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Aug 12 '16
Attachments:
  design_favicon_X5E_icon.zip (0Kb)
Alexandr
Alexandr Aug 12 '16
Darryl B, thanks for response.

I've fixed it by adding link tag in page settings.Unfortunately, this problem occurs only in 1.8.4. I don't know why.I did same steps you're talking about and in 1.8.3 and it works)

Thank you

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 12 '16
I am also using 1.8.4, but I have always had the link in the head section.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Aug 12 '16
ross Team
ross Aug 15 '16
What do you see when you upload the favicon via admin panel and hit save button? 
Bruce Tran
Bruce Tran Apr 6 '17
I have the same problem. I looked at the source code and clicked on the favicon and got a 404. I went ahead and manually uploaded the favicon to that directory and a few minutes later the favicon was found. However, the favicon is not showing up yet on the browser tab yet. I'll wait a bit later to check again and let you know.

Update: The favicon shows up in the browser tab bar a few hours later.
The Forum post is edited by Bruce Tran Apr 6 '17
Romuald
Romuald Jun 28 '20
Hello, who could tell me how to modify or where I could upload the favicon.please
ovile
ovile Nov 9 '21
Best post online euchre for me