We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to export language packs from a backup? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Frank Z
Frank Z Aug 18 '16
I have an .zip with all my former site's public_html files, and unfortunately that site is not running anymore. So where could I find the path for the language packs and zip them and use them for my new site?

Thanks.

The Forum post is edited by Frank Z Aug 18 '16
dave Leader
dave Aug 19 '16
are you talking about the lang packs just for the core site or for plugins as well? 
ross Team
ross Aug 19 '16
Frank, 

imported languages are stored in ow_pluingfiles/base/ folder in lang_NUMBER.php files

but you can't just transfer them to your new site, otherwise you will have errors like this: 

OW Debug - WarningMessage:include(): Failed opening '/home/ow_pluginfiles/base/lang_2.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')File:ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.phpLine:1228

you should have exported them beforehand

dave Leader
dave Aug 19 '16
You could set up a temporary site, export them and then delete the site i think... 
Frank Z
Frank Z Aug 19 '16
Thanks! But actually I figured out a way to export them as a back up file!

I just literally searched "language" in my back up file and I found a folder with all the languages in it. Then I packed them and upload them to my new site. I have no idea how but it works perfectly!

dave Leader
dave Aug 19 '16
glad you got it sorted thanks for letting us know