We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Online users | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Dave
Dave Jan 6 '11
hi my online users are still the same from a week ago and my cron job is running every minute with no errors is there anything else i could do ?

thanx
dave
Attachments:
  NCN.png (194.23Kb)
Den Team
Den Jan 6 '11
Hi
Would you port a screenshot with your cron settings?
Jan
Jan Jan 6 '11
I have the same error. All Useres are shown as online..
Rivu
Rivu Jan 6 '11
Hi,
I think you've already tried to put your email in cron job,and sure that it works correctly,and emails you every minute with a detail/successful message.
did U?
Dave
Dave Jan 6 '11
here is what my cronjob looks like addenster
Attachments:
  46.29.253.119 - DirectAdmin v1.36.2.png (94.95Kb)
Dave
Dave Jan 6 '11
ok have finally fixed the cron issue alls well now
Den Team
Den Jan 6 '11
Nice :)
Lars
Lars Mar 29 '11
Well, i still have the same issue and the same 'command' panel as Dave. For now i have added for cron jobs to solve the on/offline issue. Will check in a minute wether it works now. (I've got the jobs scheduled as */1 which is more appropriate i think. Not sure what the: >/dev/null 2>&1 does.
Regards.
Den Team
Den Mar 31 '11
Hi Lars!
Would you post a screenshot with your cronjob settings here?
thanks
Lars
Lars Apr 2 '11
Hi Addenster, finally solved the issue, was using:

/home/happynex/domains/happynext.nl/public_html/ow/ow_cron/run.php

instead of:

/usr/local/bin/php /home/happynex/domains/happynext.nl/public_html/ow/ow_cron/run.php

Found the resolution in the Helpfiles of direct admin which is a kind of Cpanel/Plesk.
Den Team
Den Apr 4 '11
It seems that for you webadmin panel cron command doesn't require path to PHP interpretator :) This is the rare situation.
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Apr 8 '11
Hi have been trying to set up cron jobs.

I have set one up to run every 15 mins as justhost will only allow it to run every 15 mins but it still seems to not be working properly. Users are not receiving e-mail notifications, online statuses remain the same, mass mailing still not working and auto update button not found anywhere in admin panel. What am I doing wrong, and how do i fix these.

I have attached image of my cron settings and txt file of my e-mail notification that i get every 15 mins.
Attachments:
  Picture 3.png (211.78Kb)
  cron e-mail.txt (3.81Kb)
Den Team
Den Apr 9 '11
@Richard Carr
You cron file reports this fatal error message:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2005] Unknown MySQL server host
'OW_DB_HOST'

It means that by some reasons, cron file can't determine DB_HOST const and can't connect to mysql. Would you list here the line in ow_includes/config.php file with OW_DB_HOST' constant?
Mercedes
Mercedes Apr 16 '11
I am with Just Host, and I've asked them for help with this, as I am completely and hopelessly LOST with this whole, Run cron job - my head is spinning. I've gone in to open the file thru FTP - and I haven't a clue of how to get in thru SSH - and if I did, I would still be lost. I need step by step for dummies to get this. This is my first time and although I am trying to follow along in this forum, I'm only digging up layers of skin on my scalp from all the scratching! In case my host can't help me with this, is there anyone willing to layout a step by step to get this done right? Please?
Den Team
Den Apr 19 '11
Hi Mercedes.
Do you have any control panel on your hosting? If yes, then find out there any link with "Cron"?
Mercedes
Mercedes Apr 19 '11
Thanks - but I went to support and they told me it states in their policy that cron jobs of one a minute ARE NOT allowed... only fifteen minutes. So that killed it for me.
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 20 '11
@Mercedes, I am with Justhost and it works 100%
Yeah there is a limit on the cron to 15mins but honestly it won't affect your site much. Just means when someone logs off the site show them as online for a max 15 longer than they are and message notifications will be sent every 15 mins.

Justhost is a fantastic host for Oxwall. I have had no problems whatsoever with them.

If you still need help with justhost let me know.
Mercedes
Mercedes Apr 21 '11
@Michael, oh please! I didn't realize that. I would love to set it up with my own server, as I have unlimited everything! But again, I haven't a clue of how to get it done! But I won't to, very much so! So if you still wish to assist, I would be more than grateful! I tried it, but it was all messed up. I'm going to install it once more and see what happens! But remember, I haven't a CLUE of how to run the cron job. NONE - even though I'm going to give it ago once more.

Thank you SOOOO Much Michael! I'm off to give it a go!
Nuevo
Nuevo Jun 13 '11
hi there...i have the same problem my site shows almost everyone online
i try to fix the cron jobs but my native language is spanish so i think im not getting right
Daljit
Daljit Nov 11 '11
Quote from Mercedes I am with Just Host, and I've asked them for help with this, as I am completely and hopelessly LOST with this whole, Run cron job - my head is spinning. I've gone in to open the file thru FTP - and I haven't a clue of how to get in thru SSH - and if I did, I would still be lost. I need step by step for dummies to get this. This is my first time and although I am trying to follow along in this forum, I'm only digging up layers of skin on my scalp from all the scratching! In case my host can't help me with this, is there anyone willing to layout a step by step to get this done right? Please?
Justhost.com really sucks i am using now aprihost.com they are best with oxwall

Pages: 1 2 »