We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Forum Signatures | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Brad Galbraith
Brad Galbraith Jul 9 '12
I have this installed on my server and am evaluating it for a potential project. Obviously TinyMCE needs to be purchased for $20 and installed but I'm surprised that you can't set some basic things like a signature for the forums. Now I don't expect VBulletin grade forums, if that was my main priority then I'd simply go with VB's CMS. But what about some basic functions like a signature? Forum stats like how many posts a user has made? And really TinyMCE should be used by default... IMHO.
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 18 '12
Forum is a plugin which is not used by every member so maybe there is no need in adding too many features to a single plugin. However, you are free to post your suggestions to oxwall.uservoice.com and we will add it if it receives enough votes.
Brad Galbraith
Brad Galbraith Jul 18 '12
While it may not be used by every user it's still a standard plugin and let's face it, forums are pretty core pieces to any social/community site. So again, while I do not expect VB level functionality a signature is pretty fundamental in my view.

Wouldn't hurt to have date joined, location, post quantity, some basic things you typically see under a profile pic in most pieces of forum software as well.

The Forum post is edited by Brad Galbraith Jul 18 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 19 '12
I agree that it may be useful for some webmasters to have more broad functionality for Forum, but for now the best option is to post a suggestion as I already said. Currently, improving the functionality of Forum is not in our roadmap.