We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1and1.com hosting? | Forum

Luke Cole
Luke Cole Aug 30 '16
Just wondering if anyone knows whether 1and1.com is a good hosting company for oxwall? I switched to fastcomet after horrible issues with godaddy and I just wonder if anyone has feedback?

Thank you
Matthias
Matthias Aug 31 '16
I tried the German equivalent (1und1) when I launched my website. The support and quality of it was so bad, that I actually had to cancle my contract and move to another hosting agency. 

They weren´t even able to setup the server according to my specifications. After pointing them out the issues and getting feedback 3 times that "now its correct" ... it still was not (and my programmers loosing hope and going insane with them). 

They have no idea how domains and domain transfer works (e.g. the limitation in moving from one host to the next). 

Overall the worst customer support I ever had to deal with. 

Again, this was the German version of it. I cannot say about international versions, but I promised myself I warn everyone who considers this company. So I do :)

Hope this helps!

Luke Cole
Luke Cole Aug 31 '16
Thank you
ross Team
ross Sep 1 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
ross Team
ross Sep 1 '16
All you need to do is make sure that their servers meet our requirements: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting
jimmykarther
jimmykarther Jun 19 '23

Quote from Luke Cole Just wondering if anyone knows whether 1and1.com is a good hosting company for oxwall? I switched to fastcomet after horrible issues with godaddy and I just wonder if anyone has feedback?
Thank you
it's important to consider a few factors before making a decision:
Server requirements: Ensure that 1and1.com's hosting plans meet the technical requirements of Oxwall. Check the Oxwall documentation or contact their support for the specific server requirements.
Performance and reliability: Look for reviews or customer feedback on the performance and uptime of 1and1.com's hosting services. You want a hosting provider that can deliver reliable and stable performance for your website.
Support: Consider the quality and responsiveness of customer support. It's important to have reliable support available in case you encounter any issues or have questions regarding your hosting account or Oxwall setup.
Pricing and features: Compare the pricing and features of 1and1.com's hosting plans with other providers like FastComet or other reputable hosting companies. Make sure the hosting plan aligns with your budget and provides the necessary features for your website. You can also take our best web development services, we will guide you everything you need.
jhon
jhon Oct 23 '23

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, I can provide some general information about 1and1.com (also known as IONOS) and FastComet, but I don't have access to real-time user reviews or experiences. Please note that the quality of hosting services can change over time, so it's a good idea to check for the most recent reviews and feedback. 1and1.com (IONOS): 1&1 IONOS is a well-known hosting provider that offers a range of hosting services, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated servers. The company has a long history in the hosting industry and is known for its affordability and ease of use. However, customer experiences with 1&1 IONOS have been mixed in the past, with some users reporting issues with customer support and server performance. It's advisable to look for recent user reviews and experiences to determine if 1&1 IONOS is a good fit for your specific needs. FastComet: FastComet is also a hosting provider that offers various hosting solutions, including shared hosting, cloud VPS hosting, and dedicated servers. They have gained a positive reputation for their customer support, speed, and reliability. Users have often praised their performance and features, which include free site migration and daily backups. However, the quality of hosting services can vary, and it's essential to check recent reviews and assess whether FastComet meets your specific requirements. Regarding hosting Oxwall specifically, you should consider the technical requirements of Oxwall and ensure that the hosting provider you choose meets those requirements. This might include aspects like PHP and MySQL versions, server resources, and any specific Oxwall-related features. It's always a good practice to read recent user reviews and forums for the most up-to-date information on the performance and reliability of hosting providers, as well as their suitability for hosting specific applications like Oxwall. Additionally, you can also reach out to the hosting providers themselves for any pre-sales inquiries to ensure that they can meet your needs.