We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

EMAIL NOTIFICATION! | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Jan 6 '11
OK I have a fresh install.
2 users ont he site. One sends the other a pvt message. I don't seem to be seeing an email notification letting me know I have mail.
Cron seems setup correctly.
I ASSUME it is working ok. The online status for each member is workig correctly.
I use SMTP for sending mail.
Verification works for new users (I think, will need to check again)
Mass Mailling works fine.

Any idea what the problem could be?
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 6 '11
the ow_notifications_queue table is reporting empty as well...

Also the data exporter worked fine, got my salk and zip link. I assume this means cron is working, SMTP is working but notifications isn't!?!?!!?!!
The Forum post is edited by Michael Jan 6 '11
Rivu
Rivu Jan 6 '11
Be sure U have enabled(on your profile) To Notify you by an email when another user sends u a Personal Message.
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 6 '11
@rivu
Yes all ticked, prompted to send immediately.
The main issue I have here is that it is looking like the db is not being populated in teh notification queue hence why none are going out. Email works and I think cron is working. I have another site on the same host and it works fine.

You see the member online/offline bit is working by changing so from that I am assuming the cron is working. Also data exported is working which again i believe is cron related so I am wondering if I have a bug!

I have 2 sites on the same host company.
My site with the problem has an error log in the cron folder

[05-Jan-2011 17:15:02] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/problem/public_html/ow_utilities/debug.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/problem/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 27
[05-Jan-2011 17:15:02] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/problem/public_html/ow_utilities/debug.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/problem/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 27

[04-Oct-2010 15:00:02] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/working/public_html/ow_core/autoload.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/working/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 29
[04-Oct-2010 15:00:02] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/working/public_html/ow_core/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/working/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 29

bottom error is from the site working.

I am going to strip code form the working site to the bust one... :oS
The Forum post is edited by Michael Jan 6 '11
Den Team
Den Jan 6 '11
Found issue :) Update mailbox plugin from admin panel.
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 7 '11
I am not getting the option to update the mailbox from the admin panel. I assume it does a scheduled check...
Damn you are good!!!
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 8 '11
seems to be working... No complaints...
Only issues I am having are verification emails take a short while to be sent (not instant) and my emails are arriving in spam folders... That is probably a host company problem...

Den Team
Den Jan 10 '11
yes, this is hosting issue depended from your IP. Check it in spamhouse
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 10 '11
was thinking of buying a dedicated ip... would solve my spam issues

And just checked host ip on that link... not registered! Woohoo!
The Forum post is edited by Michael Jan 10 '11