We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Adding new section - Forum | Forum

Lee
Lee Jul 11 '12
Please could i be pointed to the right place.

In the forum i can create as many forums as i would like, but i would like to have these in differnt sections but cannot find the option to do this?

Thanks!

This is closed my silly mistake

The Forum post is edited by Lee Jul 11 '12
Den Team
Den Jul 19 '12
Lee

To customize your forum sections, click "Customize this page" button on your forum index page. Make sure you are logged in as moderator.

Stuart
Stuart Dec 1 '12
Dunno it has me as well, I can add new forums but for the life in me I can't work out how to add new sections?
Daren
Daren Dec 1 '12
There isnt any i think ? Only Main bar (Title only) - Subforum - Topic .... tht is all ... I'm having problem in this too ... will there be an update on feature for this ? 
Stuart
Stuart Dec 2 '12
Yeah I have to agree and it would be a great addition to add sections to the forum. I noticed they have managed this on the oxwall site.
Is there a way to do this with some database fiddling?

Alia Team
Alia Dec 3 '12
Daren, Stuart, you just need to follow Den's instructions. Click "Customize this page" button on your forum index page. Make sure you are logged in as moderator. I have attached some screen shot for your reference. Let me know if you get any further questions/comments.

P.S. Don't forget to click "Finish Customizing" once you are done creating new sections. Otherwise your changes will not be applied on your site.
Stuart
Stuart Dec 6 '12
I think we are confusing the term forum with section.

Your instructions show how to add a new forum that is not a section.

In the community forum on the oxwall site you have various sections.

Support
Community Exchange
Oxwall International
Development

These contain forums which you have shown how to add.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 7 '12
Stuart, if you check screen shots I have attached this one: http://www.oxwall.org/...bd871dc08d6.png ; shows that I have added a new section called "New Section" under which you can then add various forums.

Stuart
Stuart Dec 7 '12
I tried editing the section and will have try again but for it didn't work.

Server is down so will have to get back to you.

Many Thanks

Alia Team
Alia Dec 11 '12
Just wanted to follow up with you on this topic? Were you able to add a new section successfully?
Stuart
Stuart Dec 11 '12
Yeah and apols as it is ridiculously easy.

I am slightly confused as when I tried it I could swear the drop down list wasn't editable.

My forum is section agogo :)
Alia Team
Alia Dec 14 '12
Glad to hear that everything worked. Let me know if you get any further questions.
Mikey
Mikey Jul 26 '13

Hi

I'm having the same issue - I'm logged in as the moderator and all of the permisions are allowed. I was able to add new sections at one point but now the option does not appear - very weird 

I attached a screen shot

any ideas?

Attachments:
  Untitled.png (14.85Kb)
Nimish
Nimish Apr 5 '15
Unable To Add New Section Its Showing Error ...
Attachments:
  Section Error.png (89Kb)
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Apr 6 '15
Please follow this tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting
provide us with the screenshot of the error.
razz noir
razz noir Feb 10 '17

Thought I'd add this in, as I was driving myself up the wall trying to figure out how to add a New Section into the Forum. <3
Dedi Galih
Dedi Galih Nov 22 '17
Nice post. I learn something more challenging on distinct blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content off their writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d choose to use some with all the content in my small weblog whether you do not mind. Natually I’ll provide a link on your own internet weblog. Many thanks sharing. 1. Jasa SEO 2. Google SEO 3. Pembuatan Website 4. Google Adwords 5. SEO 6. Website 7. Sewa Villa di Puncak 8. Villa di Puncak Jasa SEO Google Adwords Pembuatan Website
You do not have permission to reply this topic