We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is Oxwall still being worked on? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
David
David Sep 29 '16
Looking around, it looks like a lot of questions get asked and ignored. I don't want to keep putting money into this product if there is no future for it
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 29 '16
Yes. The platform is still under active development. If the questions are regarding the general installation, troubleshooting, or functionality of the platform the team makes every effort to answer the question, or direct the user to a post that contains the answer. If the question is regarding customization beyond the platform capabilities, these are typically considered custom code modifications, and other members may, or may not be able to provide assistance, if not the individual seeking the customization that falls outside the scope of the platform will need to seek assistance from a developer to accomplish their desired individual needs. Some questions are regarding Skadate, and the Oxwall team can't provide assistance to the Skadate users. That's why you may see some replies to that affect. 3rd party plugins, and themes are the responsibility of the developers of those items to provide support as needed; again other members may be able to help with some of those as well. Some issues can be resolved, and some can't due to hosting limitations.

P.S. Note that Ross is the primary point of support, and he is in a completely different time zone for some. For example he doesn't get on until it's bedtime where I am.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Sep 29 '16
Joey
Joey Oct 2 '16
Goog question.

When i see on the blog the latest blog is from end of July, and now we are in october...

Development goes realy slow.

There are only 2 things i miss, like blogs in mobile view, and emoticons.

i hope they coming soon

ross Team
ross Oct 3 '16
Yes, Oxwall is still and will be in development. 

We got a lot of tasks on our hands right now, which is why there's a little delay. I believe by the end of the year there will be another release.

Anitaku
Anitaku Oct 3 '16
Good stuff. Any hints or anything about what will be included or focused on? :) 
ross Team
ross Oct 3 '16
Unfortunately, no such information. 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Oct 3 '16
Well at least we can expect something by the end of the year...I must give credit where it is due....Well done on the SEO, i am starting to see results. Thank you ross
Sri
Sri Jan 9 '17
Any idea on when would the next release going to be out? 
Gerry
Gerry Jan 9 '17
Sri.

When its ready. You cant rush perfection.
Mauricio
Mauricio Jan 13 '17
Oxwall does not help developers in the forum, but it also does not provide documentation to work with your project. Very weak documentation. They want to force the developers partners to pay.