We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Virtual gifts uninstall problem | Forum

beau richardson
beau richardson Jul 20 '12
i have searched the forum for an answer but nobody has provided an answer to my problem. I have selected the uninstall option from the admin areas 'plugins' section for my virtual gifts plugin and it gives me a screen saying:

Please wait while all gifts content is being removed. This make take awhile depending on the number of gifts on your site.

So a few questions I have no gifts that have been sent on my site and none uploaded ready to be sent so, question 1 is this page that it shows me normal? question 2: how long will it take if it is legitimately uninstalling? and lastly what to do if its not being uninstalled? I thank you all in advance for responses please keep the jargon as simple as you can if you please but once again thank you.
cit27
cit27 Jul 20 '12
1. I have no gifts...? When you install the Virtual Gift plugin will automatically save a few Default Virtual Gift Images (more than 10 images) to your server-> shows u normal
2. how long..? This make take awhile depending on the number of gifts on your site (see point 1) and The speed of your server access (load)
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jul 20 '12
beau richardson
i deleted them to make room for my own gifts so no i didnt have the default gifts and i only ask if its normal because i initiated the uninstall 5 hours ago
cit27
cit27 Jul 20 '12
screen saying Notification:
"Please wait while all gifts content is being removed. This make take awhile depending on the number of gifts on your site".
it`s normal notification

but after 5 hours uninstalling proccess and the result is still installed it`s not normal
Check-> go to Admin-> Plugin -> installed pluggins page or available plugin page

The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jul 20 '12
beau richardson
thats why i asked the question i wonder should have changed the whole site config to be in dev mode and i wonder if theres a way to manually uninstalling it any advice would be much appreciated and i thank you for taking the time to respond

and i just checked it still isnt gone
The Forum post is edited by beau richardson Jul 20 '12
beau richardson
beau richardson Jul 21 '12
ok has anyone got any idea how to uninstall the virtual gifts plugin cos its driving me nuts now!
Soloplayer Designs
Soloplayer Designs Jul 21 '12
have you tried to go to your oxwall root folder > ow_plugins > and delete the "virtual gifts" folder.

or download the virtual gifts plugin on the oxwall store and upload it on admin panel so the file will overwrite and might fix the problem.
beau richardson
sadly i have tried this multiple times i may have to move and re-setup my site hopefully i can find a way to move my users too so they dont have to re-sign up
beau richardson
the only problem really that im having is i cant upload my own custom gifts if someone can help me solve this i will be grateful i can send screen shots of the plugins folders if needed just tell me the ones you need to see and i'll upload them thanks
Joseph
Joseph Jul 21 '12
I just faced this similar problem with my groups plugin it was no walk in the park to fix this issue and oxwall wasnt much help I got the idea on how to fix it in general conversation with another user I had to create a test site and then I had to import the database piece by piece making sure not to import anything that would cause this issue to return there was no easier way as I had this problem for 3 months and oxwall was no help pretty pathetic for the oxwall team might I add js I finally got fed up and did it on my own which is good but at the same time whats that say for the oxwall team
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 24 '12
What happens when you are trying to upload custom gifts?

Joseph, I see your topic about the same problem was submitted 4 days ago. And you are saying you had this problem for three months.