We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can´t upload files pdf doc only jpg // Newsfeed | Forum

Sebastian
Sebastian Oct 26 '16

I can not upload pdf or zip files, only works jpg files. The system sends the following error message "The file extension is not allowed". The pdf, rar, zip, extensions are allowed in Admin ... .. content setting..File attachments setting and change the permissions to the ow_pluginfiles directories, ow_smarty, ow_static, ow_updates and ow_userfiles have permissions 777 Recurse into subdirectories.

The Forum post is edited by Sebastian Oct 26 '16
Attachments:
  error.png (1305Kb)
dave Leader
dave Oct 26 '16
Hi, you can try to add the code in your htaccess to allow the pdf, but i dont think that will work either, but you can try.  I dont think you can attach application files into the newsfeed for security reasons.  You may need to use my plugin 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1277

but lets see if we can get you setup without using that plugin because the plugin is designed to set the documents per user and if thats not what you want then lets see if we can just get you the ability to upload the pdf. 

add this to your htaccess file and see if that helps 

AddType application/pdf   .pdf

if you get a 500 error it probably means that your host wont allow you to do that.

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 26 '16
ross Team
ross Oct 27 '16
newsfeed can upload only photos. 

the setting you mentioned is related to the blog and forum attachments. 

what you can to achieve is considered as custom code modification. 

ross Team
ross Oct 27 '16
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Sebastian
Sebastian Oct 27 '16
Ross Sorry, I did not know you could only upload photos.
Sebastian
Sebastian Oct 27 '16
Dave Thanks for your help. Which .htaccess? some in particular?
Attachments:
  permisos.jpg (157Kb)
dave Leader
dave Oct 27 '16
yes that one on that page, but i dont think it will work from what ross said.  The only other thing besides the plugin you could try is to create a special folder in the oxwall root for your special files and then upload those files there.  Then add the code to  your htaccess from this post linked below

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/47116

and then create a custom page via oxwall admin and put the html file links on that page.  It wont be a perfect setup but it might get you by for now.  My plugin will do all of this for you and more however if you can do it for free why not right... lol :)  Give it a try ;) Let me know if you need any help ;)

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 27 '16
Sebastian
Sebastian Oct 27 '16
Dave! its application allows you to upload doc, pdf files, etc. in the newsfeed? Any site user could upload doc, pdf, etc? The application works as upload a photo with the newsfeed? You have a demo running? I am using Oxwall intranet for my company, we need to share documents in general. thanks
dave Leader
dave Oct 27 '16
No sorry i dont have a demo, i used to have a site for that but i consolidated my sites and now i just do video demos.  I can do a video demo for you if you like. 
James
James Dec 21 '22
For everyone who often deals with various files in the course of their work, I advise you to read the blog https://www.pdfplatform.com/blog/how-do-i-split-a-pdf-into-multiple-documents-without-acrobat/ to understand how to quickly split a PDF file into several parts without serious time costs. This approach will provide you with a fairly quick solution to work tasks. The main thing is that this is a completely free tool.